Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • oh what a beautiful morning !!
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

moved house at the weekend and have a new commute up the coast.

Sun rise was beautiful over the sea at 5.30am ! 1/3rd country roads 1/3rd along a cyclepath on the a90 and 1/3rd on country roads again then a very small portion of city riding (doesnt divise into a fraction it was that small in comparison to the rest 😉 ) – also has a train escape after the first 11 miles or the 18th mile or if i go 6 miles in the other direction from my house there is a 6 mile journey to the station!

Cross bike terratory me thinks ALTHOUGH my ocr coped fine this morning ! – think forest road type country roads and cycle paths!

Arrived at work alot more awake and calm than the previous 6 weeks where ive been driving 60 miles ! – even my boss noticed my vacantness in the morning when i walked in after driving! (which is worrying given ive just been incharge of a tonne of metal box!)

Happy! – enjoy your day – mines already been excellent – its all down from here !

pedalhead
    Free Member

Yup, 18 miles on the Chilterns is a nice way to start the working week 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

biggest bowl of cereal and banana in the world and a huge mug of a new bag of coffee ground this day just gets better 😀

pedalhead
    Free Member

ah, that's where mine doesn't go so well, straight onto the laptop for work & a cup of instant coffee…bleugh!

Nevertheless, early morning biking rocks! Empty trails, lots of wildlife…on a typical early ride 'round here I'll see deer, hares, red kites, foxes, even the odd alpaca. Tends to make work more bearable.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Best way to start the day, enjoy.

How long?

avdave2

It is indeed a lovely morning. I extended the commute this morning and although the first 2 climbs were in to a headwind it was still very nice. My shortest route is 6 miles but it's easy enough to extended it to any distance I feel like and still have less than a mile on the road in total.

trail_rat
    Free Member

too far for a daily… it was 50k this morning. i think i might ride to portlethan for the train instead of the full 50 – allows me to skip the city riding which is north anderson drive – stay on the pavement/cyclepath as far as possible but more dangerous crossing the road at round abouts than riding them ! – used to ride NAD every day when i worked in alpine. Adrenaline rush !

lyons
    Free Member

Sounds lovely… I miss my early morning rides, but most of all the rides home (except when it was cold, dark, wet and windy). They use to be the perfect start to a day, and I've been as fit since.

Sadly it's impossible with my current job.

Alpacas wild in the chilterms now 😉 where do you find them?

trail_rat
    Free Member

i was listening to the bird song as i ate my first breakfast this morning .

my downhill ride to the trainstation is actually just as much up as it is down – despite it saying all downhill and flat on mapmyride 🙁

pedalhead
    Free Member

Alpacas wild in the chilterms now where do you find them?

Well, not exactly "wild" 😀 , but there's a field full of them not far from Watlington. Had to do a double-take the first time I rode past them.

trail_rat
    Free Member

not too long till time to ride home !

just been informed that africa looks like it`ll be next week so good way to cram in plenty riding so i go away fit as possible and dont turn into a fat biffer when im there

lyons
    Free Member

Someone should release them, that would be great…

trail_rat
    Free Member

saw a young deer come out of a low tree backwards onto the road this morning and a buzzard at about 8 ft

another lovely sun rise !

cuckoo
    Free Member

Sounds like your having a better commuting week than me.

Monday was memorable for the wrong reasons, yesterday was good and today the rain 'persuaded' me into the car.

Travis

getting ready to go home… it's been raining since 10am, I've got a 30k ride home, with no wet weather gear. No mud guards.. 🙁

trail_rat
    Free Member

harsh travis – i have a caradice camper i use for commuting which perminantly has tubes,a tire , a pump , tools , waterproof shorts and jacket ….

I drove in yesterday too – but my commute is too long to do every day …. not if i want to have some sort of life too.

thinking 2/3 days a week bike and 2/3 drive depending on whats on on the weekends ! cant see it happening the week after a 10/24 hr or a long audax my self !

Travis

stopped raining about an half an hour before I left. Still looked like I took part in XC.
    Just happy that I was going home, nice hot shower waiting.

I only commute 3 days a week now, and a long ride at the weekends. I'm getting old…

trail_rat
    Free Member

big black cloud hanging overhead the now – looks like im getting wet too travis !

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘oh what a beautiful morning !!’ is closed to new replies.