Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Oh the shame of being married to a MAMIL (that's a Middle Aged Man In Lycra)
  • jameso

I like the idea being pushed that £2000 is an “expensive road bike”

RRP vs PAP (partner-advised price) 😀

tthew

Great comment near the top now.

mikey82, London, United Kingdom, 3 minutes ago

Don’t really care about your story, lady, all I care about is that you return Pat Sharp’s hair

verses

I’ve possibly coined a new term to describe her…

MAMILF

slowoldman

I don’t get what the issue is with middle aged men wearing appropriate clothing for whatever activity they are engaing in.

matt_outandabout

I don’t get what the issue is with middle aged men wearing appropriate clothing for whatever activity they are engaing in.

If I wasn’t in the office, you would have some ‘interesting’ images being posted…

verses

slowoldman – Member

Yet no-one bats an eyelid at people wearing football shirts to gawp at the telly/go shopping/go to the pub/etc…

mrchrispy

he should bin the bike and start boozing and chasing women.
    surely that is more acceptable?

jameso

The chap in the picture isn’t doing himself any favours with that pink cartoon-like top and the cap. Anyone would think it was staged.

woody2000

How long is the bloody head tube on that bike! Is he actually 8ft tall and that’s an XXXL?

Dickyboy

Not sure the sour puss look does her any favours either.
    Anyone would think it was staged.

mogrim

Not sure the sour puss look does her any favours either.
    Anyone would think it was staged.

Judging by the way she’s crossing her legs in all the photos she probably needed a wee, hence the sour puss face.

D0NK

Yet no-one bats an eyelid at people wearing football shirts to gawp at the telly/go shopping/go to the pub/etc…

wearing football shirts anywhere and everywhere* in public is socially acceptable men in lycra riding bikes is not.

No I don’t get it either but it’s the way it is.

*CFH may be along in a minute to say it’s not allowed at his club, but you know what I mean

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Good on him for pursuing his hobby after an MS diagnosis. As said elsewhere, I suspect the article is a silly DM take on the situation rather than reality.

A friend ended up the subject of one of these articles. The original “we want to do an article on (insert worthy subject here)” and the eventual headline bore absolutely no relation. It’s entirley possible she was interviewed for an article about ‘my husbands got MS and still cycles a lot, isn’t he great”, the interviewer slipped in a questions about cycling kit looking a bit daft, does he mention n+1 bikes, have your friends ever seen him in cycling kit, got a few yes’, and wrote the article on those.

66deg
    Free Member

Judging by the way she’s crossing her legs in all the photos she probably needed a wee

She seems to have the furrowed brow of someone a little consitpated .

mudshark
    Free Member

The chap in the picture isn’t doing himself any favours with that pink cartoon-like top and the cap.

Do see a few Windy Milla riders when I’m riding around Surrey, not sure why some people find them so appealing though.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

It’s entirley possible she was interviewed for an article about ‘my husbands got MS and still cycles a lot, isn’t he great”, the interviewer slipped in a questions about cycling kit looking a bit daft, does he mention n+1 bikes, have your friends ever seen him in cycling kit, got a few yes’, and wrote the article on those.

Yeah, this probably. Also they’ve probably got 200 pics of her looking happy but chose the scowly one.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Do see a few Windy Milla riders when I’m riding around Surrey, not sure why some people find them so appealing though.

Agree. They may not be open-mould frames painted up by some banksy wannabee, Hoxton bonnet wearing, lumbersexual graphic designer but they do a good impression that they are.

Two things in particular: 1. The font: 2. Deliberate misspelling. AARGH.

Whilst she may have been misrepresented in the article, I don’t think they’ve airbrushed her seriously miserable boat race. More power to him for putting up with MS and her. No wonder wearing pink lycra isn’t a biggie.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Yeah, this probably. Also they’ve probably got 200 pics of her looking happy but chose the scowly one

There’s way more than one!

aP
    Free Member

I think he’s been telling porkies – a WM frame doesn’t start under £2k (they’re repainted Sarto frames). so that’s actually more like a £3.5k bike…

medoramas
    Free Member

I’ve possibly coined a new term to describe her…

MAMILF

^^^ this! 😆

thomthumb
    Free Member

I think he’s been telling porkies

don’t give the game away! 😉

aP
    Free Member

I think the thing for me is that its a not terribly nicely written article, potentially destroying marriage happiness due to click-bait daily mail editing and an idiot wife allowing herself to be used by them for no real reason and an even more idiot husband for letting himself be ridiculed in that manner. I must say, he does look a bit dim, like a Labrador with its tongue hanging out.

medoramas
    Free Member

This article is a set up. Can you imagine this woman actually contacting DM with her problem? And I don’t believe they had known each other before the photo session…

martinhutch

And I don’t believe they had known each other before the photo session…

He’s a Daily Mail journo too – had you not realised?

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Oh the shame of being married to a MAMIL (that's a Middle Aged Man In Lycra)’ is closed to new replies.