Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Oh the shame! – Explain the black art of taking a tyre off tubless rim please???
  • monkey_boy
    Free Member

Can someone enlighten me? had to walk home 5 miles with a flat when i couldnt even get the tyre off! had all the gear to fix it aswell!!

the shame!

Maxxis Minnion on a CRossmax SL with crap tyre levers 😥

i think somebody must have welded them on, first puncture in years!

racing_ralph
    Free Member

i use the things that push through the tyre when its on teh rim – no need to take the tyre off

weldtite tubeless repair kit

charlierevell
    Free Member

Have to break the seal first otherwise you wont get anywhere.
    I find a good squeeze of the tyre sidewall over to the other side usually does it. Should hear a hiss as the bead breaks. Then use some levers if necessary to get the tyre off the rim.

Smee
    Free Member

Did you push it out of the bead hook first? If not theres your answer.

monkey_boy
    Free Member

Did you push it out of the bead hook first?

the tyre was totally flat and i must have spent 15 monutes trying to prise it off, wouldnt budge an inch, mind you it was very cold and raining (not excusing myself for one minute 😉

charlierevell
    Free Member

Doesnt matter how flat it is, it will still be locked to the rim.

rickmeister

Latex in will stop it going totally flat… then use a Panaracer plug kit…. then push the bead off all the way round to the centre of the rim on one side and start at the valve to get it off… remove valve and fit tube leaving the other bead in place..

Simples…

Doug
    Free Member

On proper tubeless rims there is a groove in the middle of the rim. Pushing the bead into this all the way round wil give you enough slack to get the tightest of tyres off.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Oh the shame! – Explain the black art of taking a tyre off tubless rim please???’ is closed to new replies.