Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Oh the irony…………winter tyre content
  • Woody
    Free Member

The mobile fitter who was coming to do my winters tyres and has been advertising with “don’t get caught out this winter” can’t come today because of the snow …………………………seriously 😆

…….but 👿 as I will really struggle to get to work tonight !

iDave
    Free Member

my snow socks not been delivered today for the same reason!

Woody
    Free Member

I’ d be interested to know how you get on wth them idave.

We have some on the ambulance but didn’t need to use them last night due to a combination of luck and some fairly spirited …errrr….momentum carrying when hills were approaching!

iDave
    Free Member

my car is shocking in snow, even though it’s FWD, so will be keen to try them rather than using my diy nylon webbing fix.

pennine
    Free Member

I had winter tyres fitted last week and been out to play today 😀 Really amazed how good they are on snow covered hills. I started off with gradual slopes to get a feel & then went for a 1-in-7 icy hard packed snow climb. Went up in first without any wheel spin at all – brilliant. A car had attempted to come down but slid most of the way, crossed over the road at the bottom, hit the kerb hard & punctured his tyre.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Subaru Imprezas running on vredestein sessantas equals a big blue sledge!! 😯

boxelder

New tyres on the T5 today – working great, even when I’d to go up and along the grass verge to avoid the sideways slewed Transit coming the other way. Bless him, my 6 yr old watched it for a few seconds, then said “he’s not meant to drive like that is he Dad”

Drove 120 miles home from the snow covered North East to Derbyshire this afternoon with no problems on tyres that don’t have a deal of life left in them.

I do have a 4×4 though 😈

It was nice having the outside lane of the A19 to myself whilst everyone else crawled along at 30mph.

retro83
    Free Member

TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR – Member
    It was nice having the outside lane of the A19 to myself whilst everyone else crawled along at 30mph.

Anything like drivers down here it’ll be 30mph, but 2 inches away from the car in front 🙄

Grimy
    Free Member

Anything like drivers down here it’ll be 30mph, but 2 inches away from the car in front

There is method in their madness. With only a 2″ gap, if the car in front brakes, there wont be much time for the speed diferential between the two vehicals to change much before the impact, resulting in more of a nudge than a smash 😀 😆

Obviously I’m not saying its a good idea, but if you think about it, it kinda works out!

Burts
    Free Member

My mate in the Peaks ordered his winter tyres a little too late. They got shipped all across Europe and are now stuck in an East Midlands depot somewhere. Maybe they’ll arrive in time for the thaw.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Oh the irony…………winter tyre content’ is closed to new replies.