Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 471 total)
  • Oh Rolf :(
  • clubber
    Free Member

From what I’ve heard, the Krankies were very well known for their enjoyment of group activities…

Northwind

stevewhyte – Member

Only to you, the rest of us got it and laughed.

Joke’s on you, it was totally serious.

derek_starship
    Free Member

On a more serious note, I don’t envy the courtroom artist.

Talk about pressure.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Couldn’t resist sharing.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Depressing.

wwaswas

Guilty on 12 counts of sexual assault.

natrix
    Free Member

Let’s hope they throw away the key………….

derek_starship
    Free Member

Abhorrent, opportunist paedo. I hope he perishes inside and never steps foot across his front door mat.

I bet there’s a few con’s savouring the thought of saying “can you giss what it is yit?” as they slip through his back gate.

wwaswas

“Rolf Harris used his wealth to get courts to prevent publication of his arrest for FIVE months”

one law for the rich.

edlong
    Free Member

“Rolf Harris used his wealth to get courts to prevent publication of his arrest for FIVE months”

one law for the rich.

Well, yeah, sort of. They were, iirc, reporting that “an 82 year old celebrity from <his town> has been held for further questioning” etc. so it wasn’t the best kept secret ever.

And, not dissimilarly, there were the recent reports of a certain Vincent Tabbak’s prosecution for whatever it was they found on his laptop “in the course of another investigation”.

Preferable, imo, to be cautious about these things ahead of time rather than having a conviction overturned on appeal because a fair trial had been prejudiced due to inappropriate media coverage.

wwaswas

I guess although the wider implications for not naming people is that fewer victims come forwards (especially in cases like this where there were multiple victims)?

Some more detail;

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2013/apr/19/rolf-harris-lawyers-leveson-suppress-arrest?CMP=twt_gu

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I don’t get all this “Rolf worship”. He was a mediocre, barely talented paint splasher and TV “personality” who made a few poxy records.

Who cares? F*ck him. He’s getting what he deserves.

scotroutes

Don’t forget the Stylophone.

He deserves a custodial sentence just for that!

wwaswas

I’m not sure anyone’s worshipping him?

He was a TV ‘personality’ in a time when there was relatively few of them about and a lot of people know him as a result.

I don’t think anyone’s saying he isn’t getting what he’s deserved.

Almost the opposite – that they feel betrayed by him for making them like him for his tv persona when they were children but he was also this other person in private.

teasel
    Free Member

Don’t forget the Stylophone.

He deserves a custodial sentence just for that!

Too **** right! Thanks to that cacophonic piece of shit I now know how to play Good King Wenceslas.

Damn you, Rolf. Damn you to hell…

back2basics
    Free Member

did someone mention Muppets? are they involved too?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

they feel betrayed by him for making them like him

Oh please. Get a life. 🙄

wwaswas

Get a life

[ahem]

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/help-me-get-revenge

[/ahem]

I used the word ‘they’ deliberately. I’m disappointed but people form strange attachments to people they’ve never met – the whole Princess Di thing was it taken to it’s illogical conclusion.

In the end it’s the girls who were abused who’ve suffered and hopefully his punishment will mean they don’t feel that his fame triumphed in keeping things hushed up.

chambord
    Free Member

barely talented paint splasher

I like his artwork actually and I don’t think you can argue his talent when it comes to “Paint splashing”.

That’s not really the point here, though. An absolutely horrible man that will surely spend the rest of his days in prison

bikebouy
    Free Member

Wow, 12 counts! 😯

Sentencing?

zippykona

Sun arise is still a cracking tune though.

iolo
    Free Member

He’ll get prison in an easy jail.
    He’s famous and a paedophile so will be kept away from the “commoners” who would probably slash him within 5 seconds of meeting him. I’m not saying the slashing is a good thing but Rolf will stay in a nice room with a tv and be well fed.
    How many homeless do you see who, through no fault of their own have nohwere?
    Hopefully he will never feel freedom again for these crimes.

zippykona

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Very disappointing, burn him if it’s true tho!!!

I though that was a bit weird till I realised that my computer font and new glasses make r and n together look like m

ransos
    Free Member

I don’t get all this “Rolf worship”. He was a mediocre, barely talented paint splasher and TV “personality” who made a few poxy records.

He was part of our childhoods, just like Stuart Hall and Jimmy Savile. Of course people have an attachment to that. I’ve said before that in a very small way, the conduct of these men is the theft of our innocence.

slimjim78
    Free Member

The curse of the extra leg

LeeW

Gutted, anyone want some signed RH artwork?

natrix
    Free Member

He might not even get a custodial sentence, the judge is taking his poor health into consideration apparently………. 👿

iolo
    Free Member

So lethal injection to ease his poor suffering.

Pigface
    Free Member

Iolo I don’t think we live in Texas, take your meds eh.

iolo
    Free Member

So if he stays home due to ill health how do you punish?
    Stop his newspaper?

Pigface
    Free Member

There is a difference between revenge and justice, I am not qualified to make the decision as to what his punishment will be and neither are you. The judge is (allegedly) and will sentence accordingly.

iolo
    Free Member

I’m sure he will. I do agree that the death sentence and I was probably out of order with that sentence.
    I’m just aware that his life will not be too bad in prison or home or wherever he will be with plenty of family contact.
    What will the victims get?

Edukator
    Free Member

and at a party in a pub for the broadcaster Michael Parkinson, where a woman working at the bar said Harris kissed her neck.

I once had a female TV journalist give me a big kiss on the cheek having given her a ride in a car for the telethon. Should I file a complaint for sexual assault?

I’ve read the Guardian article through and find most of the evidence is lightweight. The most damning case hangs on how old his daughter’s friend was when the consensual sex took place. Jailing him is a step to far unless that issue is clearly resolved IMO, so I hope for a suspended sentence.

hora
    Free Member

Due to ill health?

Like the guards who murdered Jews.

Make it to 80 and you are immune from prosecution hey.

Found GUILTY on NINE counts.

jon1973
    Free Member

12 counts according to the BBC

iolo
    Free Member

Edukator – Troll
    Jailing him is a step to far unless that issue is clearly resolved IMO, so I hope for a suspended sentence.

I’m sure your feelings would be the same if he abused your daughter.

Edukator
    Free Member

He’s been found guilty, so has been prosecuted. It’s now down to sentencing. I reckon all the protection society needs is a suspended sentence that tells the man “let your hands wander and you’re going to jail direct”.

Suggsey
    Free Member

A paedophile is a paedophile, don’t care if he’s on his about to die death bed he should be given the appropriate jail sentence that abusing his status to manipulate and attack his juvenile victims deserves. There is absolutely no excuse for defending this appalling individual. Those that state lack of fact or evidence, there was enough evidence for a jury to find him guilty on 12 counts……not one dodgy count, 12!!!!!!!!

Junkyard
    Free Member

I once had a female TV journalist give me a big kiss on the cheek having given her a ride in a car for the telethon. Should I file a complaint for sexual assault?

🙄 How many of us have kissed a female on the neck [who were not involved with] v how many have kissed someone on the cheek when facing them ? No one can think these are even vaguely equivalent not even you.

I reckon all the protection society needs is a suspended sentence that tells the man “let your hands wander and you’re going to jail direct”.

So he does not need to be punished then for his crimes just told to not do it again?

No wonder they added troll to your account.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 471 total)

The topic ‘Oh Rolf :(’ is closed to new replies.