Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 471 total)
  • Oh Rolf :(
  • Cougar

it makes you wonder whats left to come out.

That’s what got him into trouble in the first place.

Torminalis
    Free Member

Are you saying that its OK if he is a Peadophile ?

Jokes really lose their magic when you have to explain them don’t ya think?

freddyg
    Free Member

As despicable as these allegations are, why do the courts allow the publication of identities before any trail? Should he be found innocent, he will always have this hanging over him. On the other hand if he’s proven guilty, hang the b*stard.

konabunny
    Free Member

It’s purely up to the good people of Singletracktowers, of course, but does anyone else think there should be a moratorium on “celebrity paedophile allegations” threads? I say that only because they never produce anything good, often upset people, and frequently contain borderline defamatory stuff which would make even a publishing megacorp nervous.

atlaz
    Free Member

Charged with 4 offences are of making indecent images of a child in 2012

2012????!?

(the typo is from the Daily Mail, not my fault)

nealglover
    Free Member

It didn’t come across as a Joke to be honest.

Which is why I asked.

Coyote
    Free Member

Are you saying that its OK if he is a Peadophile

jambalaya
    Free Member

It’s sad to think of a childhood “hero” turning out to a scum bag.

Then, just take some time to imagine how the victims must have felt all these years.

theflatboy
    Free Member

At least Tony Hart was just a playdohphile.

scaredypants

flatboy 😆

baby
    Free Member

Wait until that tied up kangaroo finds a good lawyer.

scruff
    Free Member

playdohphile.

That was Morph, and his mate who no-one can remember the name of. (Not Mr Bennet)

wwaswas

and his mate who no-one can remember the name of

Milf?

Northwind

CHAS

chewkw
    Free Member

I am not sure what is so great about him as he is just a tv presenter.

Why people are so attached to celebrities I do not know.

🙄

brakes
    Free Member

this is not celebrity worship, he was a childhood role model and an icon.
    sad sad news.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

What a load of balls. Even as a child (and that was a LONG time ago) watching the talentless twonk on black and white BBC television (one channel only) I knew he was a total “light entertainment” 1950’s bore.

What IS the matter with you people? 👿

iolo
    Free Member

I wonder if Lizzies portrait he did is still up at Buckingham Palace?
    He has royal connections so I’m sure this matter will be “dealt with”.

Pigface
    Free Member

Woppit you are a insightful genius what more can be said 😆

fervouredimage
    Free Member

I’m always on unclear on the ‘making’ indecent images bit. Does it mean he actually went out and took indecent images of a child or that he just downloaded/purchased them? If the former wouldn’t there be a another child or more who were also sexually assaulted in some way by him?

oxym0r0n

Anyone want an autograph with a rolpharoo drawing?

martymac

i agree with (someone above) re:
    nobody should be named publicly until something is proven.
    if they are guilty then hang the bastards, by all means, but until proven in court the general public should not be told about this type of thing.
    it really could ruin a mans career when he could in fact be completely innocent.
    my mum once said to me that she reckoned there were a lot of nervous old men in the world, seems she was right.

tortoisenothair
    Free Member

Very sd news…..

I bet Gary Glitter is sitting with his coat on waiting for the knock at the door again.

fd3chris
    Free Member

Just to think when we were kids all these tv personalities were part of a huge ring ( I guess) and we were all completely blind to it all.

scotroutes

How many convictions so far?

Torminalis
    Free Member

A guy I used to work with inherited some cash a few years ago and he bought a couple of original Rolf Harris artworks. At the time his reasoning seemed sound, Rolf is an old guy, very famous and once he kicks the bucket the paintings will be worth considerably more than he bought them for.

I wonder how he is feeling about his investment now. 😯

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Torminalis, a chap I knew at my rowing club bored the shit out of me one day telling me about buying some Rolf Harris originals. He’d shelled out quite a few thousands on them too.

Speeder

+1 on the keep it quiet until proven guilty – this trial by media does no-one other than the media any favours and leaves anyone in the public eye open to exploitation by fantasists and gold diggers.

INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY ought to prevail but look at the comments on here already, mud sticks.

scotroutes

In general I agree. however, in these cases it is often the publicity around one accusation that draws out other victims to come forward where previously they might have been afraid to do so.

Torminalis
    Free Member

+1 on the keep it quiet until proven guilty

I think it is terrible when innocent folks are dragged through the media. However, were it not for the Saville documentary, would all of those other victims have come forward? Would they have been able to make that show about the monks in Wales or wherever it was that which resulted in several people coming forth and thus strengthening the case against them? These were both aired before the living people who were accused were even charged, should they be illegal too?

The police are usually pretty cagey about revealing whom they are investigating, but once a charge has been brought, there is a certain sense in appealing to the public for further evidence for or against the accused.

WTF
    Free Member

“I`m a Celebrity, get me Out of Here” takes on an entire new meaning.

jamj1974

Sad and disturbing as already said…

langylad
    Free Member

Just Noel Edmonds to go

stevewhyte
    Free Member

nealglover – Member
    It didn’t come across as a Joke to be honest.

Which is why I asked.

Only to you, the rest of us got it and laughed.

Muppet.

kimbers

assuming hes guilty then its sad(for the victims) but cant see why people are so shocked

celebrities are people too, just as likely to be arseholes as anyone else

Im sure plenty of people have no idea that friends, relatives etc are abusers

JCL
    Free Member

He should have gone to India and committed his crimes without this sort of recourse.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

He should have gone to India and committed his crimes without this sort of recourse.

What’s the relevance of that comment ?

senorj

🙁
    Is there anyone left form the 70’s who hasn’t been implicated/charged?

Drac

Is there anyone left form the 70’s who hasn’t been implicated/charged?

Weirdly.

Ian Krankie.

alcol70
    Free Member

Now Jimmy Krankie always confused me:

*IF* I were to fancy her/him, does that make me a straight, a gay, a paedo, a milf/gilf/dwarf-lover, and/or a uniform fetishist?

Help.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 471 total)

The topic ‘Oh Rolf :(’ is closed to new replies.