Viewing 31 posts - 441 through 471 (of 471 total)
  • Oh Rolf :(
  • jon1973
    Free Member

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Oh no, not the guy from Coast, surely?!

rogermoore

That’s the sort of rumour you can’t just sweep away. I imagine someone is going to sue.

RM

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Did they ever solve Jill Dando’s Murder?

Cougar

Rolf Harris killed Jill Dando?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Jill Dando knew too much

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Rumour has it Rolf + Jimmy weren’t the only celebrities who liked ‘young ones’

Anyhow, you’ll have to excuse me, I’m going on a summer holiday…

jon1973
    Free Member

Rumour has it Rolf + Jimmy weren’t the only celebrities who liked ‘young ones’

Anyhow, you’ll have to excuse me, I’m going on a summer holiday…

You’ve done a good job there staying on the right side of the libel laws. Congratulations.

hora
    Free Member

I saw that rumour. How come no paper mention ‘him’ being arrested? They could get away with him arrested story. So I say bollocks on that rumour.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

I saw that rumour. How come no paper mention ‘him’ being arrested? They could get away with him arrested story. So I say bollocks on that rumour.

Hora, are you aware of DA notices and gagging laws?

Or the work that PR agents (such as Max Clifford) do to keep news out of the papers?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkYox2GWGbs[/video]

You could use that same logic to prove Jimmy Savile was innocent until dead.

or that Tony Blair… oh, nevermind

konabunny
    Free Member

Hora, are you aware of DA notices and gagging laws?

what are DA notices?

what are gagging laws?

how would either of them be used to prevent reporting that someone had been arrested?

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

This goes into basic detail on gagging:

http://videos.huffingtonpost.com/entertainment/celebrity/press-were-almost-gagged-by-rolf-harris-lawyers-518295073

DA Notices are related to National Security:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DA-Notice

On top of all that, there are of course further restrictions within government; for example, files relating to the Dunblane shootings (which is also rumoured to be related to a high level paedophile ring) have an order preventing their release for 100 years!!

konabunny
    Free Member

how would either of them be used to prevent reporting that someone had been arrested?

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

I don’t pretend to know all the intricacies of the loopholes and pressure points that expensive lawyers can exploit, however, if you take the time to watch the vid in the 1st link, it mentions that Rolf was arrested 5 months before it came to press…

If a certain singer (who appears to have been well acquainted with Jill Dando) was more famous than Rolf and perhaps had dealings with politicians, along with the Krays and other powerful elements of the criminal underworld, combined with the very best in legal support, it would be fair to assume they could pull the strings.

After all, it appears that whilst alive, Savile had enough clout to get the home office to intervene on a journalists investigation of Jersey…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Oh great jives holiday is in here.

There is the potential that a well know media figure may try to avoid having their arrested published as if innocent it would ruin their career. The court may grant that if they feel it would ensure a fair and reliable conviction?

konabunny
    Free Member

I don’t pretend to know all the intricacies of the loopholes and pressure points that expensive lawyers can exploit, however, if you take the time to watch the vid in the 1st link, it mentions that Rolf was arrested 5 months before it came to press…

It says in the link you posted that the lawyers achieved this by…writing to the press. There was no court order. That guy ignored it and nothing happened.

Interesting that you’re suggesting that whether a pop star was arrested is a matter of national security such that a DA notice could be issued.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

There is the potential that a well know media figure may try to avoid having their arrested published as if innocent it would ruin their career. The court may grant that if they feel it would ensure a fair and reliable conviction?

That is a fair point, however, given the apparent level of involvement of Special Branch and Mi5 in covering up multiple instances of this sort of dark behaviour, all across the country (and indeed the continent), there is equally the possibility that friends in high places don’t want the truth exposed…

Do you think that Jimmy Savile’s innocence motivated his attempt to prevent publication of a photo linking him to Haut de la Garenne (the Jersey House of Horrors) in 2008?

Interesting that you’re suggesting that whether a pop star was arrested is a matter of national security such that a DA notice could be issued.

I suggest you do some research into Elm Guest House and Grafton Close Childrens Home for an introduction to the potential reasons…

gogg
    Free Member
    roper
    Free Member

Few! looks like I can keep my greatest hits albums after all.

konabunny
    Free Member

“Do you think that Jimmy Savile’s innocence motivated his attempt to prevent publication of a photo linking him to Haut de la Garenne (the Jersey House of Horrors) in 2008?”

is that a rhetorical question?

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

More a satirical question; despite multiple police investigations whilst he was alive, due to contacts in the HIGHEST of places Savile was able to conceal his crimes until he died.

Given the apparent influence of parties being alluded to, there is no reason to doubt similar practices aren’t still continuing; after all, it’s less than 2 years since any of this came to light.

Which is why Hora shouldn’t rely on the papers to provide all the information…

hora
    Free Member

I hate reading the papers. The ONLY thing tabloid/broad journalism is good for is the rare snippets when they catch out a MP/leader etc or uncover a political scandal.

Back on to the subject- if its true, why has he left for Barbados and gained citizenship there? Weird.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

😆

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The ONLY thing tabloid/broad journalism is good for is the rare snippets when they catch out a MP/leader etc or uncover a political scandal.

That and Page 3 norks 😉

wwaswas

Cliff Richard’s home now been raided as a result of ‘historic allegations of sexual abuse’.

Good grief.

[edit] oh there’s another thread. carry on.

gogg
    Free Member

They’re all going on a Summer Holiday, Rolf, Stewart Hall, Chris Denning, Jonathon King, Gary Glitter and maybe Kitty will join them??

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

So anyway…

Jonathan King, who paid his bail money?

gobuchul
    Free Member

Jonathan King, who paid his bail money?

Did you know Max Clifford had a letter of thanks from the police for helping lock up Jonathan King?

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

This whole sorry mess has an ‘X Factor’ about it

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTB5gRLP9nk[/video]

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Knew if I stuck at it, I’d hit the Big-time someday 😉

RustySpanner

Swap Shop phone number on the order form.
    Genius.

Viewing 31 posts - 441 through 471 (of 471 total)

The topic ‘Oh Rolf :(’ is closed to new replies.