Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 471 total)
  • Oh Rolf :(
  • teasel
    Free Member

I didn’t quote the teaching bit. It doesn’t bother me and I’m not PC either. I posted it for a bit of balance, as stated. HTH.

As you’re loitering – how do you feel about the “ludicrous” statement now you’ve been presented with accounts of it taking place?

konabunny
    Free Member

One of the arguments in favour of prescription is that those who do not denounce crimes within a reasonable time period are negligent. For this reason the prescription time starts from the age of 18 for crimes against children so that they have adequate time to denounce the crimes suffered as children when adult. If you don’t immediately denounce a crime you should have, you are negligent and further crimes could result from your negligence.

It strikes me as odd, and somewhat dangerous, to suggest that a victim of a sexual assault is responsible for subsequent sexual assaults on other victims. I think that the responsibility for those assaults rests with the assailant, not with the victim.

I don’t think that having a limitation period of prosecution of these crimes does anything to encourage reporting, at least in the field of sexual assault. I don’t think that there are many sexual assault victims thinking “you know, I really must get around to popping down to be police and reporting that assault” that just need a kick up the arse from the law to make them focus better – I think there are probably other reasons why assaults are not reported. Saying to a victim “well, you took too long to do it, so we are just going to let him off” doesn’t send a message to other victims that they should feel comfortable reporting crimes.

TBH I find to believe that what you say above is really a principle behind “prescription” in French law (as opposed to your own interpretation p) but otoh I know sod all about French law and surprises pop up all the time.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

If you’re going to be sensitive at least be balanced. Ernie Lynch wrote the following a few pages back but in your haste to join those sticking the boot in you seem to have missed it..

Are you seriously asking me to go through all the posts and highlight all the cases where I think appropriate terminology is used? Besides which, if you think that the term ‘gay’ is what was wrong with the post, then you have missed the point.

Oh, by the way, being non-PC is not a thing of which one should be proud

teasel
    Free Member

Well you seem to have managed to find it in Edukator’s posts and not Ernie’s, so as I wrote, it was for balance. I think I get the point – it’s the segregation by using the word ‘them’, right.

As for the PC bit – I don’t really give a shit what your opinion on that is TBH.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Why do folk engage in a “debate” by raising points they say dont bother them ?
    Personally I think you do get a wee bit upset at PC or else you would have walked away.

I think I get the point – it’s the segregation by using the word ‘them’, right.

would have helped had you noticed first time and done a relevant quote then 😉

teasel
    Free Member

Personally I think you do get a wee bit upset at PC or else you would have walked away.

I’d rather think for myself than make a decision based on whatever’s in fashion. If I offend someone and become aware of that then I’d rather look inward for the reason than think I was wrong because it was the right thing to do.

Probably best not to make assumptions on what I mean by not PC, though.

Also, Ernie’s response to my quote kind of suggests his attitudes are similar to that which Charlie Mungus tried to hint Edukator’s are, if you get my drift. Not that I think either are raving loonies where the subject of homosexuality is concerned.

Why do folk engage in a “debate” by raising points they say dont bother them ?

I’ll write it one more time – balance. Charlie Mungus’s post takes a shot at Edukator, not for his opinion on the thread subject but for his terminology concerning homosexuals and the fact he taught folk at some time or another. It was an attempt to insult or humiliate and to call into question whether or not he was fit to teach, nothing more. It was a bit pathetic, if you ask me. A cheap shot…

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I think I get the point – it’s the segregation by using the word ‘them’, right.

Wrong

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

It was a bit pathetic, if you ask me. A cheap shot..

I didn’t

I don’t really give a shit what your opinion on that is TBH

teasel
    Free Member

Wrong

Then, please, correct me.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I’ll give you a clue. It is in Edukator’s post but not in Ernie’s.

teasel
    Free Member

I don’t like playing guessing games. Why not just spell it out – surely there’s no problem in doing so…

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Well, yes there is. You will experience a deeper understanding if you think about what might be wrong. Reflection on possible reasons will help your breadth of understanding too. If i were to just tell you, the surface learning you would achieve as a result would not be useful knowledge. Part of the process must involve a desire to learn and understand, it needs some commitment from you too. Ultimately, you have no interest in what is wrong with the paragraph.

teasel
    Free Member

You forgot to add Grasshopper to the end of that…

🙂

Ultimately, you have no interest in what is wrong with the paragraph.

That’s a big assumption on your part; I have a genuine interest or else I wouldn’t be responding to your posts.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I’m glad to hear it. In that case I look forward to your reflections on what might have been wrong with what Edukator wrote.

teasel
    Free Member

C’mon, spill the beans. Prove you’re not just being bitter because I disagree with you. I get the whole self discovery stuff but I think you’re being awkward because you’re feeling hurt or something.

Just tell me – I can deal with the surface learning shit you mention…

teasel
    Free Member

Unless, of course, it’s a grammar thing. I’m shit with grammar…

teasel
    Free Member

Okay, then. You go on sulking or trying to humiliate me or better me or whatever it is you think you’re doing.

I was actually, for once, trying to have a sensible discussion as opposed to making facetious comments like I usually do. Obviously you have other intentions.

spacemonkey

konabunny
    Free Member

Argh, too slow!

cloudnine
    Free Member

Would you believe it…

teasel
    Free Member

We can’t go on together, with suspicious minds…

🙂

I just wanna know what his view or perception of that post is. It obviously differs from mine but apparently it’s the only view to have and one needs to be more mindful or contemplative in order to elucidate the deeper meaning.

I don’t see the problem with just expressing what it is you want to get across instead of all this ambiguity. It’s a mugs game…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Also, Ernie’s response to my quote kind of suggests his attitudes are similar to that which Charlie Mungus tried to hint Edukator’s are, if you get my drift.

Charlie Mungus isn’t responsible for what I say and post, I am.

teasel
    Free Member

What’s your point?

My reason for that was to show another user with similar outlooks to that which Charlie appears to have commented on with regard to Edukators post. I don’t get why this is so hard to understand.

iolo
    Free Member

lol @ spacemonkey

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I don’t get why this is so hard to understand.

CM has responded with the very obvious response :

Are you seriously asking me to go through all the posts and highlight all the cases where I think appropriate terminology is used?

You can expect him to know what he himself has posted but not everything I’ve posted.

I don’t get why this is so hard to understand.

teasel
    Free Member

Because he went back far enough to see Edukator’s and not yours. All seems a bit selective. I’ll put my hand up and apologise if I’m wrong but I get the impression it’s all a bit personal where Edukator’s concerned and all and sundry feel it’s okay to insult him because he has the troll attachment. It’s **** bollocks and you know it.

I wish I knew what sort of kick you guys get from it…

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Ok, that’s long enough to think about it. What ideas have you come up with? In what ways could the post from Edukator have been deemed inappropriate?

teasel
    Free Member

You mean, how do I think you perceive Edukator’s post, surely. How I read it and you read it are going to be totally different. I think that’s quite clear by now.

What you seem to be avoiding is why you chose to comment on that and not his views on jailing Rolf Harris. I’m intrigued to know your motivations.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

You mean, how do I think you perceive Edukator’s post, surely.

No, no, no. I mean how could it be perceived, in general, not by any specific person.

What you seem to be avoiding is why you chose to comment on that and not his views on jailing Rolf Harris. I’m intrigued to know your motivations.

Fine, but let’s do one thing at a time

teasel
    Free Member

Ernie also has so far avoided commenting on whether or not it’s still a ludicrous notion that kids reporting sexual assault would be dismissed by parents or adults. I’m genuinely curious given the tales on this thread.

Kryton57

You know you two could pick up a phone, dont you?

teasel
    Free Member

No, no, no. I mean how could it be perceived, in general, not by any specific person.

Like I write, it’s all rather pointless given the idiosyncratic nature of perception. I know you think you’re being smart but the developed person’s reaction should be to express oneself with clarity and sincerity. I think you just like to play games – for what reason, I wouldn’t like to speculate.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I wouldn’t like to speculate.

I think that has become clear. In which case we’ll have to leave it there. But thanks for trying.

Edukator
    Free Member

For clarification:

“Gay” as a word is absolutely no problem where I’ve lived for the last quarter of a century. Gaypride is the most visible organisation promoting equality for and tolerance of homosexuals, and an internationally recognised “brand”. I’m surprised the word “gay” causes offense but if someone links something in a reputable paper to suggest I shouldn’t use it on this British-based forum I’ll stop. Dictionaries say using the word gay is fine.

“them” refers to the gay men who made/make advances to me. Grammatically it’s correct, the lexical structure of the sentence fine. There is no other alternative for “them”.

Kryton57

Boom! There goes the forum version of a defibrillator ^^ 😀

teasel
    Free Member

I think that has become clear. In which case we’ll have to leave it there. But thanks for trying.

Really? I think you know you’re deliberately misunderstanding what you’ve quoted.

Why so childish, Charlie? I don’t understand what I’ve done to deserve such contempt.

teasel
    Free Member

Boom! There goes the forum version of a defibrillator

Really? I see it as more of a tazer; CMs opinions of intent or meaning aren’t relevant when you have it straight from the horses mouth. I’m sure that won’t be the case, though…

Edukator
    Free Member

And for Konabunny, the latest Sénat debate on préscription Sénat. You’ll find all the justifications I posted for prescription in there, and more.

iolo
    Free Member

From page 10

Edukator – troll

Either way I’m out

Possibly listen to yourself?

Will this thread please end?

It’s going round and round like an attention seeking dog chasing it’s tail.

jon1973
    Free Member

Either way I’m out

Is he one of them?

Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 471 total)

The topic ‘Oh Rolf :(’ is closed to new replies.