Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Oh Race Face :-(
  • smatkins1
    Free Member

My pedal was a bit wobbly at the end of my ride. Just tried to nip it up and its not loose…

The pedal threads on my Race Face SIXC cranks are no longer securely fixed to the crank 😯

Anyone else had this sort of problem with Race Face or anyone else’s carbon cranks?

simondbarnes

Have seen it happen on Sram and FSA carbon cranks in the past.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Seen it happen to RF cranks a few times.
    FSA failures were well documented a few years ago.

smatkins1
    Free Member

Crank is 4 months old so I’ll be looking for CRC to do some speedy replacing tomorrow.

Only having one bike is an issue when there is a problem with it 🙁

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Loads of FSA road cranks did that…

Not heard of any Raceface doing it

RickDraper
    Free Member

Its a risk associated with carbon cranks. Sadly your one of the small percentage of RF customers its happened to.

bonjye
    Free Member

I have some sixc cranks (and very nice they are too). I bought them unused off the classifieds here- went to fit the pedals and a RH thread was in both cranks… Thankfully the seller and importers sorted it but their QC hasn’t filled me with confidence since :-/.

smatkins1
    Free Member

I assume it’s a de-bonding problem then?

Maybe I should have stuck with shimano cranks, cheap and relialable!

reggiegasket
    Free Member

a mate’s RF cranks did it. Can’t recall which model they were but definitely the carbon ones.

njee20
    Free Member

It was a very common problem with RF cranks a few years ago, shame they’ve obviously not sorted it!

smatkins1
    Free Member

It was a very common problem with RF cranks a few years ago, shame they’ve obviously not sorted it!

To be fair to RF these aren’t the newest incarnation of the SIXC cranks, the cinch ones. So perhaps they have done something now to improve the design.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Yep happened to a pair of sixc cranks I had but they were second hand so nothing I could other than bin them and buy some sram x01 cranks. No sign of issues so far on these

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Oh Race Face :-(’ is closed to new replies.