Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Oh noes Amazon have used Yodel to deliver my order
  • rogg
    Free Member

Tracking says they tried to deliver last night at 9.12pm. As it’s an office building, unsurprisingly there was no-one in, and there’s no sign of a delivery card.
    How long do I leave it before contacting Amazon and ordering the whole lot again on an express delivery, will they insist I wait a certain amount of time, and will they cover the costs of faster delivery?
    Thanks!

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Yodel (or Home Delivery Network) delivered an Xbox360 to my house when no-one was in. So it was left in the garden. In the rain.

DPD delivered the replacement.

I confused when you say it was attempted delivery, but there is no card. Have they left it under a bin?

bobgarrod
    Free Member

I would imagine from my experience that no delivery was attempted and no card left – they do this all the time. In my case I rang Amazon the same evening and it was delivered the next day.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Yodel tried to deliver us something from Amazon the other week. The bonkers old woman who delivered it, after giving up trying to get her handheld computer thing to work asked me where the sound of bells were coming from – my house or the church over the road. At that point I smiled and shut the door and went back to work…

Why they insist on employing ex-Burger King staff who were sacked for being too stupid is beyond me.

wwaswas

Why they insist on employing ex-Burger King staff who were sacked for being too stupid is beyond me

‘cos anyone who can get any other sort of job and wants to work avoids multi-drop delivery jobs like the plague?

cupra
    Free Member

As balance the yodel driver that have delivered to us have been very helpful. Hide parcels in sensible places round the back out of sight and where they can’t get wet and pops the location on the card through the letterbox. Saves me a lot of hassle.

pjt201
    Free Member

yodel delivered a parcel to me yesterday. they left it inside the wheelie bin outside my front door. bin collections are today. Had I not gone home last night said parcel would now be in landfill.

Haze

Best of luck, they delivered my Super Hub to a house in similar sounding street 2 miles away. Twice.

Who needs post codes?

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Last time I had a delivery from Yodel, when I opened the door the guy said accusingly “I did try and deliver it yesterday afternoon, but there was no one in…”

People aren’t at home as a matter of course on midweek afternoons? Astonishing.

EDIT: I’ve noticed Amazon lockers popping up in a couple of places, useable from January apparently- might be useful.

pjt201
    Free Member

amazon lockers are live already round me – there’s one in a co op about 200 yards from my front door. only issue is they charge for delivering to it, so no supersaver delivery.

timber

Found a Yodel card wedged under the house sign, 3 months old, for a missed delivery. Everyone else goes the 100m up the lane to the house, post-box, sheds. When I chased it up, they had no record of it because it was too old and had no references on it. Further investigation and it turned out to be for somewhere on the other side of the valley.

I opt for Royal Mail where possible as they are the only lot to reliably deliver around here. Most the couriers are from 50 miles away and you’re lucky if they can find the local town.

nealy
    Free Member

As balance the yodel driver that have delivered to us have been very helpful. Hide parcels in sensible places round the back out of sight and where they can’t get wet and pops the location on the card through the letterbox. Saves me a lot of hassle.

This for me too

ElVino

tweet to @Yodelonline they are pretty attentive on twitter especially if you follow them

You get the service on delivery that you pay for, i.e. Amazon can sell it cheaper than anyone else and not charge for delivery because they don’t pay UK tax and use the cheapest courier available. I’m always amazed by people who order online with no thought as to how they are going to receive delivery.

ski
    Free Member

Another comment to add to balance.

The last delivery we had off this firm, the person left a card with his mobile phone on and offered to drop our parcel off after he had finished his other job he did latter in the evening for us.

So far we have had six items delivered by this firm and they have all been polite and helpful.

Must be lucky I guess 😉

MrSalmon
    Free Member

amazon lockers are live already round me – there’s one in a co op about 200 yards from my front door. only issue is they charge for delivering to it, so no supersaver delivery.

Hmm, that’s a bit annoying… It’s the co-op near me that has one too.

zilog6128

Tracking says they tried to deliver last night at 9.12pm.

As I get everything delivered to work, this would be pretty inconvenient! But as stated above, of course they are going to use the cheapest courier possible. I assume if you use anything but the free option they’ll use a “proper” courier still? Unfortunately I don’t order enough stuff from them to make Amazon prime worthwhile atm.

Rio

I assume if you use anything but the free option they’ll use a “proper” courier still?

What constitutes a “proper” courier? My Amazon first class delivery today was delivered by Home Delivery Network. They rang the doorbell and then drove off before anyone could answer leaving the parcel on the front doorstep in the rain where it was visible from the road. The tracking says “The parcel has been left in a secure location at the front of the property” 😕 . Good job we were in.

neninja
    Free Member

Yodel are a farcical nightmare to deal with.

Only this week they claimed to have attempted delivery 3 times but no-one was in at my parents house. They were in all week. It then showed as being delivered. They live in a rural area and by chance were visiting their neighbours farm that day and spotted a parcel wedged behind the wheelie bins at the end of the neighbours farm drive. It was their parcel that had been ‘delivered and signed for’.

The sooner Amazon etc cease using them and they go out of business the better.

zilog6128

What constitutes a “proper” courier?

Errr… not that, obviously! Hmmm. Worrying.

rogg
    Free Member

Oh well, if it doesn’t arrive today (and Yodel’s website suggests it’s back at their depot) I’ll call Amazon and re-order.

I’m always amazed by people who order online with no thought as to how they are going to receive delivery.

I thought they might deliver my order in a reasonable time, and at a reasonable time. Yodel have an unreasonable 14 hour delivery window – 7am to 9pm (which they missed) – I don’t think it’s asking too much to expect Amazon to highlight that at the time I placed the order.

Storer76

It’s not just Yodel. Had a print delivered by Hermes back in the summer. No card, just lobbed over the side gate, or forced underneath it. Tube was torn, bent and buckled, with the print inside creased beyond repair. To be fair, AllPosters sent me another one out that same day, no proof required, and didn’t have to send it back as “that would cost you money”. Royal Mail delivered a supposedly signed for package the other day. Shoved straight through the letter box. No skin off my nose, but I think I’d be pretty hacked off if I’d been the sender with no proof of delivery…

project
    Free Member

We have a Hermes card to say we picked up your collection, itdoesnt say which appartment number or give a name, just a date.

Sports direct use HDN, and their diver must have been in training,for some sport droped parcel outside door and ran like f… to his car and drove off like clarkson on speed.

unovolo
    Free Member

I was returning a package to Amazon and Yodel were supposed to collect it.
    Me & the Mrs were at home all day they never turned up,no card to say they tried or anything.
    Complained to Yodel and Amazon the same evening via a eform.
    Amazon replied the same evening and rearranged collection via Shitty Link(who did collect,was supposed to be before 9am but turned up at 3pm so not far out).
    I’m still waiting for a reply from yodel after 2weeks.
    Yodel=Shower of Shit.

Jamie
    Free Member

Sports direct use HDN, and their diver must have been in training,for some sport droped parcel outside door and ran like f… to his car and drove off like clarkson on speed.

So many questions…

Aidy
    Free Member

I would imagine from my experience that no delivery was attempted and no card left

That’s my experience too.

Really bugs me when they do this. If they were honest and said “Hey, we ran out of time, we’ll try again tomorrow” then I’d be a bit less bothered, but after you’ve waited in all day for something, it’s a bit of a kick in the teeth to get a message at 9pm saying that they did try, but you weren’t in.

federalski
    Free Member

Yodel are a farce.

Upon getting his dundy from his previous job my dad was employed by model, though chucked it after 2 days.
    Seems you just show up at the regional depot for a 2 minute interview, are shown the hand held device for signing for parcels and sent off with it to await a delivery of parcels to your house the next day.

I was off work and helped as my dad is non to technical with computers.!
    I’m sure folk just sign up for the job to get a couple of days worth of goodys sent to them till someone cottonseed on….
    You are paid something like 40p per parcel, buy on both days there were only about 40 parcels, so do the maths, deduct fuel and add in the couple of hours window that you have to wait about for the delivery van to drop off that days parcels….
    The whole idea doubtless seemed a good idea in a meeting room somewhere but you cannot pay peanuts and expect to get many good delivery people in.

Just take something simple like leaving your home number on the ‘Your not in card ‘ and offer them the option to pick the parcel up at your house later that night as we did to make it easy… But I suspect a lot of parcels are scanned in the delivery persobe living room as person not in put of sheer laziness…

Went on too far for writing this on my phone….

LadyGresley
    Free Member

The only way to get your parcels from Yodel seems to be to “tweet” to yodelonline – they respond really quickly!! Tracking for mine said they tried to deliver at 4.30 and there was no-one there – an office, open til 5 or later? And of course, no-one could find the card they had “left”.
    Useless!!

proutster
    Free Member

Predictive text anyone? 😀

That’s for federalski BTW

bigbloke
    Free Member

Surpised that courier firms have not realised that folk are generally not in during the day, must cost them going back n forwards redelivering and re-sorting etc. Must be a market for a courier to provide an evening only service employing these owner driver types between say 1700-2230 i reckon the successful delivery rate would go up and many more positive customers.

AlasdairMc

I had two parcels on guaranteed next day earlier this week. One was left ‘in a safe place’ underneath my doormat, and the other wasn’t delivered at all. Strangely a case of beer was nicked from my back garden instead 🙁

federalski
    Free Member

So many typos it’s not funny…..

Jamie
    Free Member

So many typos it’s not funny…..

My favourite was:

Upon getting his dundy from hos previous job my dad was employed by model

federalski
    Free Member

And I’ve edited it twice as well!

proutster
    Free Member

Don’t forget:

sent to them till someone cottonseed on….

Jamie
    Free Member

…and obviously, the ironic peg the whole thing was hung on, was:

…and helped as my dad is non to technical with computers.!

proutster
    Free Member

Two proper, out-loud LOLs at this 😆

cheshirecat
    Free Member

Ordered something for the missus, guaranteed pre midday delivery….by Yodel…..

It was left by the bin, 2 doors down. I called the supplier, and it was allegedly signed for at 11.32am, with an unreadable signature. As you know it was chucking down today, so box soaking. Luckily contents OK.

My neighbour found it and kindly dropped it round this evening.

I was in at 11.32am

shotsaway
    Free Member

Surpised that courier firms have not realised that folk are generally not in during the day, must cost them going back n forwards redelivering and re-sorting etc. Must be a market for a courier to provide an evening only service employing these owner driver types between say 1700-2230 i reckon the successful delivery rate would go up and many more positive customers.

Isn’t this what Dominos already do?

flumewelck
    Free Member

Ive had a couple of parcels left on the doorstep from amason the problem is i live in a terraced house with no front garden.

CountZero

Some deliveries are efficient, though; last weekend I ordered something from Shapeways, a 3D-printed item as a pressy for a mate, I had an email from them Monday to say it was being printed. I was hoping it would be here for Christmas, so I was keeping my fingers crossed about the delivery. Thursday I had an email from UPS:

This message was sent to you at the request of Shapeways BV to notify you that the electronic shipment information below has been transmitted to UPS. The physical package(s) may or may not have actually been tendered to UPS for shipment. To verify the actual transit status of your shipment, click on the tracking link below or contact Shapeways BV directly.

Important Delivery Information

Message from Shapeways BV:
    For US customers it can take up to 1-2 days before the actual tracking information becomes available on UPS.com.

Scheduled Delivery: 14-December-2012
    When I got home yesterday afternoon at four, it was waiting for me!
    I was pretty impressed! 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Oh noes Amazon have used Yodel to deliver my order’ is closed to new replies.