Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Oh no! Not Ken Barlow too……
  • kevj
    Free Member

Barlow arrested.

Wonder how this one will turn out considering his previous public comments on the subject.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Is he gonna go fly off to help look after Kevins dad as well?

binners

The Chuckle Brothers are next, I reckon

onehundredthidiot

Agin over 40 years old crime. Yes serious and yes must be looked into but what evidence for a custodial sentence. Given his previous commenst liklihood he’ll remember?

gravitysucks
    Free Member

I have Timmy Mallet in a sweep stake

bruneep

Krankies next me thinks.

Someone who gets their wife to dress as a schoolboy is wrong.

BenjiM

I think this was kind of expected. Even before his recent comments regarding victims bringing it on themselves or whatever he said, there were rumours abound that Owen Oyston took the rap for them while they (Bill Roache and Stuart Hall) looked after his business interests while he was inside or something along those lines. Allegedly of course.

brakes
    Free Member

I reckon that Grotbags was up to no good.
    She was a wrongun, no mistakin.

binners

I’d be interested to see if a single conviction comes out of any of these investigations and arrests. Or even a single court appearence. I can see them all being quietly dropped once the hysterical tabloid shock-horror fest has subsided.

The conviction rate for this kind of thing is woefully low anyway. So how on earth do they expect to try someone for something that happened 40 years ago, which looks like a case of: its his/her word against yours. There’s no way the CPS would proceed with a prosecution on that basis, surely?

Still… the tabloids have got some juicy front pages out of it

Gary_M
    Free Member

How can the victim present any evidence of a crime that was committed 50 years ago? Surely its just his word against theirs unless there were witnesses?

ads678

They may as well just arrest every male who was on telly or radio before the 90’s, it seems they were all at it.

I wonder how much of it was just “alwight daaaarling, make us a cappa tea” bum tap type stuff? which is not right but hardly jail stuff.

higgo
    Free Member

There’s no way the CPS would proceed with a prosecution on that basis, surely?

The police work hand-in-hand with CPS on cases like this. If they know now that there’s “no way” this would get to court there’s no way they would have arrested him.

That’s not to say they’re certain that it would go to court or of conviction but police and CPS together must think there’s a good enough chance.

grum
    Free Member

*crosses fingers and hopes for Noel Edmonds to be next*

Junkyard
    Free Member

I’d be interested to see if a single conviction comes out of any of these investigations and arrests.

also interesting to note the media are aware the day it happens* and is basically being questioned rather than charged

An interesting debate [Radio 4] as to why 20 years ago the person would simply be helping with enquiries where as today they get arrested even though it may not lead to charges. Not good as he is basically innocent till proven guility and he may not even be charged

It must be pretty hard to prove historical allegations from that long ago tbh

* clearly Plod are still leaking to them for I assume money which is just wrong as in illegal

binners

There have been an awful lot of arrests and re-arrests. And a lot of outraged “I knew he were a wrong’un” column inches printed, but has anyone actually been charged with anything yet?

Or have we now just handed the criminal justice system over to tabloid newspaper editors?

Junkyard
    Free Member

It does seem that we do have tabloid justice
    PS the editor of a national paper defended this “name and shame” campaign on the grounds that in other countries people arrested by the police often disappear so they were doing it to protect us all… I shit you not the lieing bastard actually said this and without any irony 😯

We need a free press for sue but we need a responisble one as well rather than one populated by lying scumbags chasing ratings at almost any cost

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’ve seen worse stuff posted about paedophiles in swimming pools on Facebook.

duckman

So I take it now goes like that; Congress with a minging hooker in LA/enjoy “Quality time” with your brother’s wife; the press are not allowed to report on it. BUT if you are arrested/questioned on 20/30 year old allegations then you are fair game.

eskay

I think that the suspects should have complete anonymity anonymity in these kind of cases until they are actually convicted at court.

There have been so many ‘made up’ stories that have ruined people whose names have been published in the press.

Once they have been charged chop off their nads!

Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

Krankies next me thinks.

Apparently they’re notorious swingers so maybe not!

Fan Dabi Dozi

Bunnyhop

*crosses fingers and hopes for Noel Edmonds to be next*

+1

As a fan of all the Radio 1 ‘Disc Jockeys’ in the late 1970s and 80s I got to see a few of them at various charity events and I witnessed Noel Edmunds hitting a girl, she ran onto a football pitch to give him a kiss and in from of a few thousand young people, sent her flying, I was shocked, however the game carried on and poor girl was helped off by some official.

BigJohn

I hope they re-open the investigation into Val’s death. I always thought the story of a faulty hairdryer and electric fire didn’t sound right.

clubber
    Free Member

bruneep – Member
    Krankies next me thinks.

Google the rumours about them…. let’s just say that they’re not accused of anything illegal but they’re quite ‘open’ about things…

bencooper
    Free Member

Frankie Boyle tweeted “Ironically, the only non paedophile on British telly in the 80s was Ian Krankie”

piemonster

I reckon that Grotbags was up to no good.
    She was a wrongun, no mistakin.

Just re watched some classic Grotbag.

I’m prepared to put money on grown men needing to be scared, but not kids.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Noseybonk.

He’s next.

piemonster

Edit, didn’t realise what happened to the fella

rob2
    Free Member

One of the krankies is a girl? 😉

white101

its a lot easier to get a seat in the Rovers Return these days, it could be the only pub to close and not claim to be a victim of supermarket drinks pricing…

konabunny
    Free Member

I’d be interested to see if a single conviction comes out of any of these investigations and arrests. Or even a single court appearence. I can see them all being quietly dropped…how on earth do they expect to try someone for something that happened 40 years ago…There’s no way the CPS would proceed with a prosecution on that basis, surely?

Stuart Hall pleads guilty at Preston Crown Court for offences between 1967 and 1985
    Ahh, Binners: you really are the Mystic Meg of the criminal law, aren’t you? 😀

Klunk
    Free Member

Squidlord
    Free Member

I always fancied Jimmy Krankie – does that make me gay, straight or a paedophile?

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

There will be convictions ,what the CPS will have to do given the lack of medical evidence is establish patterns of behaviour as in the case of Hall, the witness statements show remarkable similarities of behaviour .And while I agree that there is a lot of media prurience , they have had to hold back in Hall’s case until he has been convicted and awaiting sentence in a month.
    There will be a few bum-slappers caught up in the general flow [ like Dave Lee Travis and its important that they should be treated differently to serial speedo-files

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Oh no! Not Ken Barlow too……’ is closed to new replies.