• This topic has 26 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by poly.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Oh no, not him…
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

Going to an “All Manager Level” meeting next week all about the firm’s brave new positive 3-year expansion plan. Just had a “catch-up” meeting with a man who may very well be my new manager, yet to be announced. Having posted online that he has walked 20 miles for charity and accepted all the electronic congratulations and plaudits, he tells me face-to-face that he only actually did 15 miles and that was because someone phoned him to find out where he was, otherwise he’d have found a handy pub and only done 10 miles, timing it to look like he’d done the actual 20 for which he accepted sponsorship money. The worst of it is that he tells me all this as though he EXPECTS ME TO ADMIRE HIM FOR IT. So now I may be having to report to someone wh’s not only a liar, but a fraud as well… 👿

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Drink a lot of water, and then ask yourself one question……

“Where are his shoes?”

MrWoppit
    Free Member

😆

Thanks, Captain.

kimbers

its a test

he wants to see how loyal/ honest you are

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

That is so cool – it means he’ ll respect and admire you when you only do half the work expected of you

RustySpanner

Blackmail him.

federalski
    Free Member

Just file him as a bit of a pri**.
    There are plenty about, he is just another one.
    Move on.

chewkw
    Free Member

Oh dear sounds like you are going to have a ego maniac as your manager … 😯

joao3v16
    Free Member

its a test

he wants to see how loyal/ honest you are

It might be this.

Or, if that’s the way he treats people/responsibilities/commitments then it begs the question: how will he treat his staff? will he ask you to lie for him or ask you to behave dishonestly in dealings with clients/customers?

wombat

Get a 30 mile event organised and make sure someone else insists he takes part. I can almost hear the conversation now….

“oh go on, you did so well with that 20 miler you did the other week/month/year*. Just think of the look on the faces of the children/fluffy bunnies/orphan donkeys* when we give them a giant comedy cheque….”

*delete as appropriate

As someone else does the insisting it wouldn’t be traced back to you and you could be on hand to make sure he completes the event, suppers and raised cash for a worthy cause, everyone’s a winner 8)

chewkw
    Free Member

Next time if he cracks a joke you need to laugh loudly or better still laugh loudly before he finishes because he might be expecting that from you … hahahahahhahahah!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Too late. I asked him at the end of the meeting if he was going off home to get some excercise machine time in and he said: “Not tonight, she’s got a headache”.

All I could muster was – “Oh, er – ah.”

dabble
    Free Member

this guy sounds like a stereotype, are you pulling our collective leg?
    edit: poor show on his part though if he’s real.

binners

LoCo
    Free Member

Were you telling him, ‘sick to the power of rad’ stories before this and he’s taking the p###? 😉

chewkw
    Free Member

Mr Woppit – Member

Too late. I asked him at the end of the meeting if he was going off home to get some excercise machine time in and he said: “Not tonight, she’s got a headache”.

All I could muster was – “Oh, er – ah.”

You miss the opportunity there … you could have a least laugh a bit … ahahhahaahha … then point one/two finger(s) at him and say “good one that”. Like this …

bigyinn
    Free Member

Have you finished tormenting freddedsafetybra on FB yet?? 😆

binners

Who? Me? 😉

higgo
    Free Member

Leave a copy of ‘The Strange Last Voyage Of Donald Crowhurst’ on his desk.

edit: that is not[/b] a euphemism for ‘turd’.

McHamish
    Free Member

Does his logic also apply to any overtime you might need to take in the future?

TuckerUK
    Free Member

With regard to his charity walk, you should have replied “So it IS true, yeah I’d heard the rumours, I mean, who hasn’t, but dismissed them. So I take it the rumour about you and the llama is true too?”

And regarding the partner joke you should have quipped “Odd, she was fine when I spoke to her just now!”

bigyinn
    Free Member

bigyinn – Member

Have you finished tormenting freddedsafetybra on FB yet??
    Was aimed at the OP, sorry binners

fizzicist
    Free Member

I worked for a guy like that once. Put up with it for long enough for our MD to discover what a cock he was and sacked the to$$er on the spot.

Idiots and bullshitters always get found out.

(I took his job in a moment of delicious irony…)

Cletus

I would have just said something along the lines that if people had sponsored me to do something I would feel really bad about not completing it and claiming I had – not confrontationally – just let him know of your personal standards

TooTall
    Free Member

Sometimes I have worked because of a boss.

Sometimes I have worked despite a boss.

I think we know which category you’ve just landed in. His day of Karma will come.

oldgit
    Free Member

So now I may be having to report to someone wh’s not only a liar, but a fraud as well

That’s modern banking for you.

poly
    Free Member

I like wombat’s approach – would be even better if suggested by you in front of the whole team so he can’t get out of it but you are looking him in the eye at the time. Then if it is a “test” you’ve neither publicised his failings nor ignored them, and if he’s just an idiot you get to watch him squirm a bit!

Of course it could just be he is pointing out the total pointlessness of sponsored charity events.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Oh no, not him…’ is closed to new replies.