Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Oh no! Best get panic buying!
  • wrecker
    Free Member

Kids and grown-ups love it so,
    but not so much the union workers.

😀

scuttler

Not in my house. The kids have about a years worth of supply from ‘Trickertreat’. I’ll sell my excess stock to Wiggle.

Yak

NOOOO!

[heading to the supermarket now with a van]

Northwind

I’ve got a stockpile already, did a raid of the local poundshop for all the jelly babies they had. Interesting times when even the pound shop checkout people are looking at your purchase with disgust. It’s only five and a quarter kilos! Don’t judge me! Don’t even look at me!

milky1980
    Free Member

So the company want the staff to work on two normal working days between the christmas and new year? Try working in a shop, pub or restaurant over christmas. Then they’ll have something to complain about.

spawnofyorkshire

Bought my 7yr old nephew some new winter biking gloves for his b’day the other week (he asked for them)
    I got a phone call to thank me for the bag of haribo in the box. Took some serious prompting from my sister for him to thank me for the actual present

hjghg5
    Free Member

I once took a photo of a wiggle delivery to text to my other half. Including the haribo.

Several months later my 2 year old nephew is flicking through the photos on my phone and saying the names of people he knows (and “bike!” for pictures of bikes).

It took me a while to realize why he was getting so excited about the bike bits photo til i spotted the haribo!

sbob
    Free Member

milky1980 – Member

So the company want the staff to work on two normal working days between the christmas and new year? Try working in a shop, pub or restaurant over christmas. Then they’ll have something to complain about.

And Northerners wonder why they don’t earn as much as us down South.
    IT’S BECAUSE YOU’RE LAZY.
    Now go back to work and be grateful.

daftvader
    Free Member

Rowntrees randoms are far better than the plastic haribo…. *awaits flaming! *

Northwind

milky1980 – Member

Try working in a shop, pub or restaurant over christmas. Then they’ll have something to complain about.

Pff, they’ve all got it easy, nobody has a right to complain about anything that ever happens at work unless they’re a 14th century plague burier.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

What is clear though is that the grumbling workers in the Yorkshire plant get the same sugary benefit as their German colleagues, who in Bonn are reportedly allowed to “test” as many of the gummi bears, liquorice whirls and sugary marshmallows as they like during their shifts.

Now that job has benefits!

br
    Free Member

Seems that they normally shut the factory over the period (which tbh is pretty common) and now they are not.

Can’t quite understand the full ‘grumble’ as they would have the holiday days available already, as they’d have been pre-assigned for the shutdown and there is always someone who is happy to work (and for the OT).

Probably more to it than we’ve been told.

binners

And Northerners wonder why they don’t earn as much as us down South.
    IT’S BECAUSE YOU’RE LAZY.
    Now go back to work and be grateful.

If they work in a Haribo factory, they’ll all be morbidly obese. Most of us up here are anyway. With our diet of lard sandwiches and pigeons. Do you know how much effort it takes to wobble to work? Do you?!!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Oh no! Best get panic buying!’ is closed to new replies.