Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Oh no, another what shoe question…
  • jsync

I’m looking at replacing my AM41 as they are starting to split after 2 years of hard service and they don’t seem as grippy as they used to. So, before I get some more I thought I’d look at the 5:10 shoes and like the look of the Five Ten Impact VXi and the freerider elements. Can anyone compare them? I’m looking for something comparable or better than the AM41s, so grippy, comfy and weather resistant. Anything else worth considering?

Thanks,

rickon
    Free Member

Five ten VXIs are more grippy on the pedals, stiffer, and the weather proof ones are a little bit better for getting wet and drying out than the Shimanos.

The VXI have a hard tounge, so feel less comfy by a small amount. They also have bugger all grip for walking up mud or snow.

They feel more of a performance shoe than the Shimanos.

Id get the elements for the wet and standard for summer.

The new Impact VXi have a thicker, stiffer sole than any of the shoes listed, theyre mega comfy, dry very quickly and are light. If you like a slightly thicker and stiffer sole then they could be ideal for you. Spendy, and thick soles.

muddy9mtb

five tens anyday, the impacts lasted 4 years in all sorts of garbage before finally splitting..still can’t bare to throw them away. Bought the vxi’s to replace, much lighter and better waterproofing – quick drying to boot.

jsync

Thanks for both the replies. I think I’ll take a look at both the elements and new impact vxi.

Thanks

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Shonky phone photo, but I have these;

and so far they’re excellent. Far better drying than my old 5.10s, and fell great on flats!

jsync

I like the look of those captain but they’re not weatherproof enough for me.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Oh no, another what shoe question…’ is closed to new replies.