Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Oh my, that *is* big….
  • matt_outandabout

..so maybe I was expecting ‘Continental’ sizing. But the Maxxis sizing tool seems ‘variable’ – the new Advantage 2.4 is huuuuuuuuuuuuge compared to the Ardent 2.25 it is replacing… 😯 😯 😯 😆
    Is it me, or are tyre sizes just all over the place?

Time to see if it fits a Float 32….

Northwind

Your advantage 2.4 will be bigger than a Highroller 2.5.

james
    Free Member

Maxxis 2.25″, 2.4″ (and 2.6″ and some of the 2.1″s) are all supposed to be the ‘same size’ as it were, all* supposed to relate to one another in the way they are measured. The odd time I’ve seen a 2.4″ advantage it was massive yes
    *(on newer treads eg advantage, crossmark, ardent)

(Older sizing being some 1.9(5?)”,some 2.0″,some 2.1″,2.35″,2.5″,2.7″ (inc. High Roller, Minion, Larsen TT?, Ignitor)
    Where IME a 2.25″ Advantage is about the same overall volume (tyre+tread) as a 2.5″ High Roller (2.35″ High Roller about the same tyre volume (ignoring tread) as a 2.1″ Advantage

Oh, and which continental sizing? Old teeny tiny volumes (eg vertical) or new ridiculously massive volumes? (eg Rubber Queen)

matt_outandabout

was comparing to Verticals….

Northwind

Have to admit to being a bit freaked out that my Conti Baron is almost exactly the right size. They must have hired a new measuring chap, one that can both see and count.

themanfromdelmonte
    Free Member

one that can both see and count.

Bloody show offs and their multi-tasking.

jackthedog
    Free Member

They fit in a 32 with surprising amounts of room. Don’t worry.

jonba
    Free Member

Continental sizing is equally variable. Rubber queens are massive compared to the new mountain kings.

Northwind

FWIW my Rubber Queens were just fractionally oversized, 2.45 IIRC from knob to knob. But very tall, and the carcass was big

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Oh my, that *is* big….’ is closed to new replies.