Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • OH MY GOD! STOP THE PRESSES! ROLL THE 24 HOUR NEWS FEEDS!
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

American man cuts lip during basketball game.

Had the news on in the background and heard “breaking news….”. Foolishly thought it was something important, such as the impending war in Korea, perhaps. I was wrong.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Foolishly thought it was something important, such as the impending war in Korea, perhaps. I was wrong.

Yes, you appear to have been wrong………..there is no impending war in Korea.

But you seem disappointed ?

Personally, I am rather grateful if there is nothing more serious going on in the world than the US President needing stitches for a cut lip.

Let’s hope it stays that way.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Personally, I am rather grateful if there is nothing more serious going on in the world than the US President needing stitches for a cut lip.

That’s a very good point, Ernie. I stand corrected.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MrWoppit
    Free Member

Oh. You weren’t just being sarcastic, then?

CHB

And he has the lead singer from MADNESS as bodyguard….wow!!!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I think you also need to consider the problem news providers have when there is no news to report. It really is a very serious problem for them when that happens, they can’t simply “not bother” with the news – they still have to broadcast/publish something.

Sure they can pad out the little bit of news they have, but trivial stuff also needs to be considered.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

they still have to broadcast/publish something.

Indeed. Perhaps this is the basis of my (not really a) rant. There’s no news, so no need to report anything, but then there are whole channels dedicated to reporting that absence of news. So, every few minutes we have a man outside a school in Scotland telling us that it’s cold. Of course it’s cold, it’s Scotland. In late November! Aargh.

Time for a beer instead.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Waas he any good though?…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Was he any good though?

Well he’s half black, so that’s got to give half a chance when it comes to basketball.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Was he any good though?…

The guy in Scotland? Yeah, he was pretty good. Nice spoken voice, good delivery, delivered the (non) story well.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Sorry, it was the guy in Scotland who got a cut lip ? 😕

Serves him right for hanging around outside a school on a dark evening in Scotland.

mefty
    Free Member

Couldn’t they show repeats of great news broadcasts of the past like they do in the tennis when its raining?

Kevevs
    Free Member

flashy hears “News” shocker. More at 10.

Just to get this right, you’re announcing the fact that you heard offhand some tidbit of non-news, that’s it right?

this is a place for boredom, but hey!

mikey74
    Free Member

I seem to remember reading about one day, many years ago, when there was actually no news to broadcast, so the BBC broadcast nothing….literally.

It was long before the public’s obsession with celebrities.

antigee

so the BBC broadcast nothing

but did they get a celeb’ to present it?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

one day, many years ago, when there was actually no news to broadcast, so the BBC broadcast nothing

No news** to report happens far more often than you might imagine …… never mind about one day many years ago. I can’t believe that the BBC didn’t bother with their regular scheduled news bulletin though.

** No news of significant value.

Kevevs
    Free Member

but by broadcasting nothing there is still a resonance, a residue, the all encompasssing background radiation of the big bang interfering with your telly. That’s actually something to ponder about rather than some blokes cut lip.

anotherstan
    Free Member

CHB – Member
    And he has the lead singer from MADNESS as bodyguard….wow!!!

thought it looked more like chris akabussi myself 😆

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Kevevs – I’ve just tried to post “nothing” ……….just to make you feel good like.

The result was that I received this prompt from STW :

You need to actually submit some content!

It would appear that communicating “nothing” is not an option which generally receives widespread support.

mefty
    Free Member

Typical lefty Ernie, no imagination.

EDIT: Oh I did post something -dashed tricky this.

iDave
    Free Member

in response to the reporting of a non event, you report an non event and spread the void further? was there not enough news in the STW community without having this ‘non event’ posted? quite frankly I’m so indifferent I could post something vacuous

kimbers

dont they realise there is a royal wedding next year
    this may seriously affect the buildup
    lets hope normal service resumes asap
    thats better………

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Sure I’ve got imagination mefty ……….my dream test card :

mefty
    Free Member

Do you get a remote with that?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’m a member of the toiling classes mefty, I can get off my arse to change channels……….I don’t need any decadent bourgeois paraphernalia.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘OH MY GOD! STOP THE PRESSES! ROLL THE 24 HOUR NEWS FEEDS!’ is closed to new replies.