• This topic has 29 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by TiRed.
Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • oh lordy..giant advanced pro 1
  • firestarter
    Free Member

Looking round lbs today. I went to look at a cannondale synapse but saw one of these…mmmm… nice

mrblobby
    Free Member

Propel, TCR, Defy…?

firestarter
    Free Member

Doh … defy advanced pro 1. Bloody lovely and light as hell

eshershore
    Free Member

@firestarter

Here’s my Defy. Loving it 😉

iainc

Agree, the Defy Advanced Pro 1 is also my list topper. I have a 2012 Defy Composite 1 so no possible justification unfortunately !

firestarter
    Free Member

Ive not lusted after a bike like that since a bought a suzuki tl1000r lol the cannondale i went to see got discarded immediately 🙂

Colour is lovely shame its not d2i at that price 🙁

eshershore
    Free Member

@firestarter

I really like the colour of the women’s version which is the Liv Avail

mrchrispy

I’ve convinced myself to wait until next year before treating myself to a new ride.
    This kind of thread doesn’t help!!

Fracking lovely bike

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Colour is lovely shame its not d2i at that price

Agreed on that Mick!

Hmmm, Tempting.. 😛

firestarter
    Free Member

Indeed it is nick . Esp with finance as im skint lol. Extra 600 for d2i but the colour is crap 🙁

I didn’t check can d2i be retrofitted to the non d2i models? Just for future proofing. Shop stuck in on scales for me medium was 17.5pounds bang on

Scarcat67
    Free Member

To Esher shore, how does that ride ? And are those wheels tubeless compatible …. what weight is that build and have you changed the saddle ? Cheers

rp16v
    Free Member

Had my advanced 2 deliverd today commuted home….. Its bloody awesome sooooo comfy and smooth the d fuse post has allot of flex and dampening odd and first but easy to get used to going to get out tomorrow and gel with it a bit more

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Extra 600 for d2i but the colour is crap

Again, with you 100%..

Kinda tempted by this DeRosa..

Very similar in £..

firestarter
    Free Member

I was set to be in love with the dale but the giant is soooo…. nice. You can keep the de rosa lol.

The dale was just over one and a half pound heavier. Not massive but certainly noticeable.

daveh
    Free Member

Defy advanced pro 0 for me, once you’ve pressed the magic di buttons there’s no going back..!

j40aja
    Free Member

I’ve got a Defy Advanced 1 in the garage waiting for a set of carbon disc wheels coming from China and for the weather to improve enough for them to stop salting the roads.
    The change of wheels and new tyres should drop a kilo off the weight!

The 2015 carbon Defy come D2i ready with grommets in the necessary access points on the frame.

firestarter
    Free Member

D2i does look good but its also 10 week wait minimum

daveh
    Free Member

Apart from the LBS have one in stock in my size…

firestarter
    Free Member

😉 the colour of the 1 is so nice tho

rp16v
    Free Member

Fire starter what size are u we may have one in? Ring around concept stores see if they have one on display as each shop will get display bikes sometimes before the “for sale” stock is released

njee20
    Free Member

I think the Giant is gopping, De Rosa looks far nicer!

firestarter
    Free Member

I thought that in the pics but in the flesh its lovely

For the owners above does the advanced pro 1 havr carbon rims. They look carbon and some places say they are some say alloy

tomhoward

[OCD pedant]

Di2!!!!

[/OCD pedant]

As you were.

firestarter
    Free Member

Doh…

firestarter
    Free Member

Well in a fit of madness i put a deposit down for a pro 1 but then wondered constantly about the di2. And figured if im thinking that now then id be worse when it arrived without di2. So i cancelled

I think im gonna keep my current bike while i think some more as no doubt next year giants will have 12mm front 10mm rear axles and id have rushed in early lol

Tbh for di2 builds for the money its hard to see past rose bikes tho

mrchrispy

same boat here firestarter – i want one soooo bad it hurts.

I looked at what it’d take to upgrade it to Di2, as far as I can see you’d need the usual electrical gubbins, the front/rear mechs and you’d have to swap the RS685 leavers for some R785’s. dont think you’d see much change from 600quid.

I am almost certain my money is going to be saved until next year (a powermeter may have to be bought just to scratch that itch)

camster
    Free Member

I had a test ride on the Advanced Pro 0 which was ace. I’ getting closer to getting a Pro 1 but please can someone buy my OnOne 456 (see classifieds) so I can rush to my LBS before the stock runs out;-) I kinda agreed to sell a few bikes with Mrs Camster first!

Firestarter, for me I am not bothered about paying a premium for Di2 though it great.

firestarter
    Free Member

I know id be chuffed with ultegra but if im spending that much and thinking about di2 now id only regret not having it.

daveh
    Free Member

I had similar ‘early adopter’ thoughts about the lack of thru axles.

TiRed

Just back from 50 miles on my Defy Advanced SL (rode to give a lecture, then home again). If the Di2 makes you smile as much as the Dura Ace 9000 shifting on mine, then I will be surprised indeed. It is a wonderful bike. The geometry has not changed, but the new version has a rounder ISP (to accommodate an internal battery) and disk brakes – ugh! 😉

Mine is in subtle black and green, with black fizik saddle and tape and matching Pave green tyres. Even the latex tube valve caps are green 8)

A bike for life.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘oh lordy..giant advanced pro 1’ is closed to new replies.