Viewing 16 posts - 121 through 136 (of 136 total)
  • Oh look- Union power over nasty selfish greedy company!
  • Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

From the BBC report:

The awards are linked to proposed productivity changes, but the exact details are not known at this stage.

8)

Go on lads – keep waving that red flag and tell us how the union won… 😆

cynic-al
    Free Member

Junkyard – Member
    you made it very badly indeed …..when I want to make a point I generally make that point
    surely it was also a victory for BA management ?
    for example

Thanks for your helpful input.

I find it more fun to make folk guess and see Fred ignore me like he always does when pwned.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Zulu-Eleven – Member

From the BBC report…… 8) …. 😆 ….tell us how the union won

Whilst not wishing to deny your obvious gloating at the thought of British workers being shafted, from the same BBC report :

“Pay and perks were at the centre of the bitter dispute which has lasted for almost two years and involved 22 days of strikes.”

In case you hadn’t noticed, this dispute ceased to be one about staffing levels and less enhanced pay for new recruits a very long time ago. It had become very much a dispute about the right of BA staff to take industrial action, and be represented by their trade union. And on that at least, there has been a significant achievement.

To remind you of BA’s previous position :

“Willie Walsh reinforced his uncompromising reputation by speaking in such absolute terms. When asked if he will restore the travel perks taken away from strikers, he replied: “That will never happen… We have never, never negotiated on these perks and we never will.”

Willie Walsh was sidelined and taken out of the equation, and BA’s position has changed, none of it I feel would have been necessary if BA hadn’t been forced to concede. Furthermore sacked staff who were told would not be re-employed now look very likely to be. Other details such as those who were docked pay for being sick, have now been favourably resolved. And there has now also been a reasonable pay offer made.

Yes BA has won significantly on the issues which existed a couple of years ago, and BA cabin will have more workload and new recruits will receive poorer wages, so have a w@nk over that if it excites you so much, but at the heart of Willie Walsh’s original aim was to completely smash the unions, in much the same way as others have been, such as in the print etc, ……. and make no mistake about that – it was clear from the start. So on that he doesn’t seem to have succeeded – unions are still alive and kicking in BA. I’m far from disheartened.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

The PCCC (non union) had the intelligence and the foresight to sign up nearly a year ago to THE EXACT SAME OFFER that BASSA have signed up to today, so I fail to see how that is a “loss”?

BASSA have had a real kicking here. They haven’t gained a single, solitary thing they didn’t have before they started their misguided actions. On the contrary, what they have lost is substantial:

The introduction of Mixed Fleet that can only, with time as numbers grow, take routes.
    A disruption agreement that now tells them what will be happening i.e. doesn’t ask for their opinion or ‘permission’.
    Dismissals due to to puerile and juvenile behaviour, not least from the BASSA hierarchy. Those dismissals that have been to Employment Tribunal will not be rescinded.
    Staff travel benefits are in limbo for a long period, they will only be returned after “the acceptance and full implementation of the agreement and the new principles of how we work together”.
    Volunteer/stand in Cabin Crew (or whatever they will be called) will now be a permanent part of the scenery, thus largely negating any future attempts at cabin crew strikes.
    The loss of one cabin crewmember on several fleets.

Whichever way anyone sane looks at it, BASSA-backside-kicked is the obvious picture. And BASSA’s pointless hissy fit has gained them nothing except costing the company hundreds of millions and pissing off hundreds of thousands of passenters, many of whom will never fly BA again. Hooray for the unions!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

They haven’t gained a single, solitary thing they didn’t have before they started their misguided actions.

Your claim they would have retained all that they had, had they just complied and rolled on the backs, is quite frankly astonishing. The dispute was instigated by a macho provocative style management precisely with the aim to smash the unions. Willie Walsh clearly saw his role an anti-trade union crusader a la Sir Michael Edwardes.

In the real Britain of today, despite all the bollox spouted by the right-wing press, trade unions have in fact everything stacked against them. Employers can, and do, nearly always call the shots. They will deliberately orchestrate disputes to fit in with their pre-planned strategy. To which trade unions are powerless to do anything other than to respond to the employers agenda – doing nothing is rarely an option which serves the best interests of their members. Something which employers know only too well and exploit to their maximum advantage.

At the beginning of this dispute I was filled with dread as I witness a powerful employer with battle plans ready, itching for a fight with a trade union. I truly believed that I was possibly about to see the complete annihilation of a trade union long established in an industry. To their credit BA cabin staff faced the intimidations and provocations of BA management, and stood by their union and didn’t flinch. Indeed at the latest mass meeting to discuss BA’s offer, Elton John’s ‘I’m Still Standing’ was played on the PA system.

You might think this represents a defeat for the trade unions, I don’t. But the final judges of whether that’s the case or not, isn’t me or you, it’s the members. No one is forced to belong to a union, so if the unions have served their members so badly then they will presumably simply leave. I’m sure they understand the issues involved better than either of us.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I find it more fun to make folk guess and see Fred ignore me like he always does when pwned.

WTF are you talking about you like to make people guess what your point is by asking piss poor questions.
    As for pwned you massage your internet ego how you see fit but I see nothing here to suggest anyone has been pwned. Ah I see I guess that pwned means ignored. Oh hold a minute it seems unlikely that you want to be ignored on the Internet.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Jeez Spunkyard, I take this a lot less seriously than you think, it’s of little consequence to me what folk on here think about me. If you ever meet me in real life (of course you’ll say you don’t want to) you’ll get that.

In any event my question made my point – it was a comprimise for both sides and a victory for neither.

As ever Fred chooses to ignore any difficult/obvious questions, which is a lot easier on the internet than in person. In my view that makes him pwned in my book – he’s done it with me a couple of times this week already. Pathetic.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Al – you are ignored because its you with your never ending negativity, trolling and frankly pathetic attempts to put people down all the time.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

it’s of little consequence to me what folk on here think about me.

That’s probably one of the least convincing arguments you have ever made. No one who craves the level of attention which you clearly do, is indifferent to what people think of them.

As ever Fred chooses to ignore any difficult/obvious questions…

I have short list of people who I generally can’t be arsed to argue with, I suspect I’m not the only one. You would be surprised how many people in life can’t be bothered to justify themselves to people who are of so little consequence to them. Obviously to an attention seeker like yourself, that goes straight over your head…..but take my word for it.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Jeez Spunkyard, I take this a lot less seriously than you think,

What tyranical-al [Boom tish ]is not taking it seriously THANKS for the heads up

it’s of little consequence to me what folk on here think about me.

Really is that why you keep replying? and show your lack of care by getting gently wound up and doing ad hominem light posts.

If you ever meet me in real life (of course you’ll say you don’t want to) you’ll get that.

I have no issue with meeting you in real life. Unles sof course it is to test one of your new brakes 😉

In any event my question made my point – it was a comprimise for both sides and a victory for neither.

Again WTF are you on about no it did not

Can someone with a brain explain how this is a victory for u-shite?

apparently means

it was a comprimise for both sides and a victory for neither.

What area of law do you work in where you can be so imprecise with words and their meanings?

As ever Fred chooses to ignore any difficult/obvious questions, which is a lot easier on the internet than in person.

I dont think it is a difficult question it is just worded in a manner that suggests that you are not going to listen.

In my view that makes him pwned in my book – he’s done it with me a couple of times this week already. Pathetic.

So you dont care what people think of you on the internet and care less about them than I think but you form strong opinions of others on the internet and count how many times they ignore you… forgive me if I dont believe you.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I challenge the self righteous and those who I know/suspect are spouting crap or advising without any experience to back it up – 2 on here do so more than any others.

Yes of course that will come across as negative. I post plenty of helpful and positive stuff which you are choosing to ignore.

I guess I hope folk here will “get” me, but I don’t really care too much, it’s mostly a place to have a laugh & exchange useful info – and enough folk appreciate my work.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I guess I hope folk here will “get” me, but I don’t really care too much

There you go again, emphasising how little you care what people think. It’s almost as if it’s very important to you to make that point.

I challenge the self righteous and those who I know/suspect are spouting crap….

That is indeed a noble and heroic mission.

*swoons*

cynic-al
    Free Member

I suppose I do like the attention, I just don’t care too much if it’s positive or negative.

I’m not meaining to do the whoole “Oooh, look how right on I am”, just explain what pushes my buttons.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I just don’t care too much if it’s positive or negative.

Well stop **** arguing then.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I have short list of people who I generally can’t be arsed to argue with, I suspect I’m not the only one.

Funny you should say that Ernie, but so do I! 😀

It must be terribly frustrating for those being ignored, to not get any response to their attempts to bait others. Speshly if they’ve typed out loads of waffle….

cynic-al
    Free Member

Ha ha, my posts are correct Fred, and you know it.

In any event I take being ignored by you as a positive.

Viewing 16 posts - 121 through 136 (of 136 total)

The topic ‘Oh look- Union power over nasty selfish greedy company!’ is closed to new replies.