Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • oh hello sunny friday! big tings a gwan?
  • philconsequence
    Free Member

what a delightfully tasty day it is 😀

What are you all up to this weekend?

Bbqs planned?
    Epic ride?
    DIY?
    Work?
    Visiting long lost lovers?

3 things that make me happy today:

1) jamie appears to have come back to the forum
    2) my injuries from last nights crash appear to be superficial and my bones still work
    3) riding home last night smelt like summer

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

You had another crash?

Good work my man! If you’re not crashing you’re not trying hard enough.

I’m wearing shorts today. That is all.

yossarian
    Free Member

Only at work until 12

then 3 weeks off!!

Lots of riding from home planned for the first 2 weeks, then off to the lake district.

New road bike and revitalised 29er to play with

Booked a couple of sailing sessions and should also be going out in a sea canoe too so quite excited really.

My three things

1) Both my kids are on holiday from nursery so lots of beach bbqs, trip to the skatepark and generally horsing around should occur

2) Our new house has got an amazing garden with lots of mature trees and plants and its all coming to life – love going home and spotting new stuff popping open every day

3) Living by the sea totally rocks in the spring and I can see it from my my house – yippee!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I fridaylicker
    I doorpainter
    I roadbikeridder
    I doorrepainter

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Idarcyroadridebikerinviter

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Spending almost all weekend in the warm, comforting embrace of the upper deck of a BA 747 en route to Singapore.

philconsequence
    Free Member

yup, crash last week and crash again this week…

my crash last night was just plain silly, was riding along our “warm up route” through swinley and decided to practice trying to ‘manual’.

All going well, popping the front wheel up, getting my heels down and pushing nicely to get a few feet of ‘manual’ depending on my speed, very much on a “look at me i’m a riding hero, send me your virgins for i will take their virginities using nothing by my awesomeness” type high after learning how to ride no-handed on tuesday.

(remember kids i’ve only been riding less than a year so everything’s still new and exciting)

flat concrete road and i spot a little puddle/hole and put the power down… accelerate towards it, pop the front wheel up as i exit the hole and for some reason my arms decided (without permission from my brain) to twist the handlebars around… PANIC! i’ve still got my weight forward from “popping” the forks to get the front wheels up in the first place… this is all happening too quick!

i land heavy on the front wheel pointing in the wrong direction and the bike does an impression of an angry hose with water pumping through, thrashes about underneath me and throws me off the bike.

(TJ – if you’re reading this then ignore the next sentence) I came down with an almight neck-snappy whack on the ground, vision goes funny and it took a while to get my vision/balance and brain back in gear.. helmet saved my skull from being cracked into a million pieces, possibly.. well it definitely took the majority of the whack and you could hear the impact a couple of hundred feet away apparently.

bloody scraped up arm, bruised hip and ankle, bloody shoulder and a distinct woosiness for the rest of the ride… but it was still awesome… i was out in the woods with friends playing 😀

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Phil that is awesome… knocking yourself out makes you a better rider. It’s a fact, a FACT!

Sometimes I knock myself when I’m not riding just to get the added increase in Awesome!!!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I unablekeepupsuperfityeti 🙁

(West Midlands Sunday am though) x

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Riding bikes isn’t all about going super fast… some of it is about having a chilled cruise to a pub.. oh and wearing tight lycra, it’s always about tight lycra.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I have the tight Lycra. Mind you, most clothing is tight when you’re me. 😕

iDave
    Free Member

Where in west midlands DD? You doing lycra or baggy biking whilst there?

xiphon
    Free Member

bringewood uplift tomorrow; road ride on sunday.

momo

I am the owner of a broken santa cruz and therefore have nothing to ride this weekend, so shall be doing it myself instead (need to get the new house ready for a man to come in and hang lining paper next week, so lots striping and filling).

Torminalis
    Free Member

Dear Phil,

Please do not kill yourself,

Love Torm.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Bromsgrove iDave. Lycra riding fella – in training for the Caledonian Étape in May so off the knobbly stuff till then. Unsure of a route at the moment. Hoping maybe for 40-50 with a coffee stop in the middle somewhere.

Drac

Off out soon on the CX just stuffing my face a bit, ride tomorrow possibly too but no details as yet. Sunday I must tackle the jungle in the back garden.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

I’m wearing shorts today. That is all.

*sneaks into yeti’s office for a quick perv*

I am looking forward to another spanking on the road bike on sunday. Tomorrow i shall mainly be chilling in the park if its warm enough so that i am rested for sunday to avoid having to sit on people’s wheels to keep up! 😯

DD, you missed a good ‘recce’ of the etape route last weekend!

iDave
    Free Member

Ah, ok, I’m having a wee jaunt around Cannock on Sunday morning

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I can send you pics? 😆

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

About time too, thought you’d never offer – its not all about my legs you know (as nice as they are obviously!) *kills phone battery hitting refresh on the email*

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Sounds like we’ve got a trade then… word of warning though I’ve had to put a t-shirt on… bloody office politics.. elfinsafety gone mad I tell thee.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Dgoab, I read about it but I’m down Brizzle way so a bit far to travel for a recce. Did the Bath 100 instead. (nearly as much climbing anyway). How was it?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’ve had to put a t-shirt on

The pink one? 🙂

almightydutch
    Free Member

The mrs has blagged me to go over to ‘connect’ and Xbox 360 to a wireless network for her workmate on Saturday.

Sunday, road trip with a few mates to Moelfre to watch the Halo DH Series. Goin in my mates Splitty so 45-50mph all the way!

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

So you’ve had to deprive your colleagues of a topless view huh? Tsk! *waits impatiently for photo*

DD, it was good…we got round in just under 5 hours, with heavy downpours, strong head winds and roasting hot sunshine! Its a nice route, keep something in your legs for the last 10k or so…some short but nasty inclines to finish!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Nah, sorry Darcy cream Diesel one today, it’s got red writing on it so if I move fast it kinda looks pink though 8)

philconsequence
    Free Member

i feel left out, do i need a road bike to be accepted back in?

dazzlingboy

West cost riding for me – Glen Kinglass or Kinlochleven or something. Leaving work early and hitting the road. Just praying this weather continues!!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Phil, you’ve never been pushed out… I’m actually gagging to ride some dirt but I need to get some miles in for the E2E.

Darcy… you doing the White Horse Challenge?

DirtyGirl… I’m still waiting on yours 8)

Jamie
    Free Member

*waits impatiently for photo*

Yetis are fake, so no photos exist.

How can you explain the lack of images from the sexy swinley ride?

You can’t!

Muhahahaha

*smokebomb and gone*

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Tomorrow I’ll be doing all the donkey work for Rusty Trowel as he’s finishing off my shed.

Sunday is an early morning road ride followed by lots of tea and watching Paris-Roubaix on the telebox. If it’s half as good as last weeks Tour of Flanders then it should be a cracking race. 🙂

allthepies
    Free Member

Spending almost all weekend in the warm, comforting embrace of the upper deck of a BA 747 en route to Singapore.

You have my sympathies CFH. I’ll be oootside* in the sun 🙂

* In blighty, on terra firma not on the outside of your 747

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Jamie – no need to get jealous… it’s such an unattractive quality. All you need to do is give me your phone number and I’ll add you to my naughty photo list.

philconsequence
    Free Member

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Yeti, all i can offer you today is patterned tights with ballet pumps…good enough exchange for a pic of you in your shorts or do i need to raise the stakes?

@ jamie, you are back…we were wondering where you had got to!

I forgot to record the ToF, must make sure i remember Paris-Poubaix.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

White Horse Challenge…hmmm, I’ve heard it’s a toughie. Doing the wiggle Sportive in the New Forest on Sat 16th though. (only a wimpy 83 miles…just imagining carrying my bulk for 83 miles 😯 )

Ah yes, I remember now, WHC standard entry is closed. You doing it?

Jamie
    Free Member

All you need to do is give me your phone number and I’ll add you to my naughty photo list.

MMS? Alright grandad, get with the interwebs.

= 😀

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Sort of tempted but I should probably be resting. New Forest could be a nice warm up though, it’s pretty flat down there, right?

DirtyG… all pictures greatfully received. 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘oh hello sunny friday! big tings a gwan?’ is closed to new replies.