Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • oh go on then lets see some Kleins! :-)
  • aw
    Free Member

oh go on then lets see some Kleins! 🙂

I am waiting…

pedalhead
    Free Member

My old Klein Palomino. Worst bike I ever owned, apart from the paint job (which was ace)…

dazzlingboy

Oh oh oh – can I can I!!

Will do tonight – although to be fair it is only a frame as the components were stripped a while ago. Klein ready for my wall – sacrilege I know but it has done its miles that’s for sure!

jhw
    Free Member

I loved(d) Kleins. Anyone know whether old-school Attitudes are easy to come by, or valuable as a collectors’ item?

psychle
    Free Member

I loved(d) Kleins. Anyone know whether old-school Attitudes are easy to come by, or valuable as a collectors’ item?

This may answer your question…

Bonkers paintjob…

joolsburger
    Free Member

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

My 97 Klein Attitude in being ridden shocker! (ss form with on-one Ti rigid forks.)

IMG_2740 by placid casual, on Flickr

Currently hanging in my garage roof as a frame only. But plans are afoot, be ready for the resurrection……

carlosg
    Free Member

Built this for a mate but he didn’t like how stiff the rear end was so sold it.

dazzlingboy

Bought a Klein but didn’t like a stiff rear end?

Pre-Trek ones are now worth serious money. Even Trek era “proper” Kleins built in Washington are now worth good dosh. Non-proper (eg Pulse) built in Taiwan not the same.

loddrik
    Free Member

AW, are you trying to convince yourself not to sell it..?

Sell the bits, but keep the frame and build it up as a commuter or similar. I wish I could take it off you.

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

AW – what you got?

crikey
    Free Member

I really should take a photo somewhere else; that’s in 2008 and 2009…

aw
    Free Member

Loddrik…I dunno what to do!

Tried to sell it but the guy who turned up didn’t like the condition which is fair enough…

Love ours Crikey!

mine is below…

twohats
    Free Member

There’s a guy I see in the summertime on my morning commute riding a early 90’s Attitude with the big fat rigid forks, mission control bar/stem, classic pink/white/green paint job in mint condition. Stupidly, he’s fitted clip on tri bars and skinny 1″ slicks! Makes me want to push him off it, steal it, take the tri bars off and fit the tires that it deserves. I think he needs a slap…

aw
    Free Member

I think he does as well!

mattbee

My ’93 Fervor.

alexathome
    Free Member

matthewlhome
    Free Member

1993 Klein Fervor (Rascal with no paint colour choice).

I won the frame from MBUK many years ago and only really stopped riding it at the end of 2008.

Now tucked up in my loft. The original bottom bracket bearings still spin smoothly!

mattbee

Rascal also had ‘std’ style dropouts didn’t it? Fervor had rear facing.

solamanda
    Free Member

I remember a friend bringing an approx ’98 era Attitude to the local jumps and letting me take spin on it through the doubles when I was about 14. So light and stiff! I didn’t realise quite how valuable it was till a few days later. Good thing I didn’t crash it 🙂

aw
    Free Member

Nice pics chaps…

How would rate my Attitude V (white below) … I think it is about 2005?

It rides well enough and seems light probably lacks the ‘buzz’ of my cindercone fully rigid steel ride

jambon
    Free Member

There’s got to be an idiot out there with a Mantra surely?

Were Klein having a laff at other (rich) peoples expense?

aw
    Free Member

not sure of your point Jambon…are you suggesting they are over priced crap?

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

I was going to clean mine up, put some proper tyres on it, strip all the unnecessary bits and stick it on ebay next week. Was hoping to get £400 for it. It’s a ’99 Attitude Race with MX Comps and Monkeylites. I’ll be swapping the saddle. Anybody interested?

samuri
    Free Member

This thread is vile! Please close this thread mods. Kliens look absolutely horrible, all of them.

clubber
    Free Member

Especially mine, samurai

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

giggedy

New Boots again by mrmichaelwright, on Flickr

some nice looking bikes on here, and some awful ones (clubber i’m looking at you AGAIN)

Mine looked better with the old wheels but they died a death:

Jey by mrmichaelwright, on Flickr

think i’ll put a proper stem and seatpost on it this year, i rarely ride it but it’s still my favourite and the one i spend the most money on (those pace forks need servicing every 2 mins)

It will be buried with me

INKLEINED

😀

2001 Klein adept race still looking good after all these years
    running mud tyres in this shot, the Rolf Race fitted as standard
    are in the shed, keeping cool for the summer.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

😥 <- that’s what those mudguards make me do

chalky

after a hard night on the bong I awoke and made this – a rigid, singlespeed, softtail!

andrewh
    Free Member

Can it be rigid and softtail?
    I thought were know as hardnose (see early Proflex/Offroad and Cannondales for production versions of such contraptions.)
    Saw a Yeti ASR with rigid forks a couple of years ago but that was due to a fork failure and not a permenant feature.

chalky

Question for mrmichaelwright, above. Where do you get your Pace forks serviced?

clubber
    Free Member

I’ve done the Mantra as a hardnose too. It’s crap. I can see why they didn’t stick with that concept.

monsta
    Free Member

michaellhome – I always wondered if real people won flash bikes in mtb mags – I thought it was just a marketing ploy to get more people to buy the mag! I don’t have a Klein, but a friend has just had to move his attitude (with the rainbow paint job) out of its spare room to let the wife move her wardrobe in. Sad times indeed.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

chalky – Tim at forkenglish

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fork-english-details

top service

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

Can it be rigid and softtail?

I don’t think so. I know rigid usually refers to the front but there’s in inherent assumption that the back is already without suspension.

andrewwoods1982
    Free Member

HI MATHEW JUST WONDERING IF YOU WOULD CONSIDER SELLING THE OLD KLEIN AS I QUITE FANCY A RETRO STEED CAN YOU LET ME KNOW WHAT SORT OF OFFER WOULD BRING IT DOWN FROM YOUR LOFT
    KINDEST REGARDS
    ANDY 07770 760778 0R andrewwoods1982@yahoo.co.uk

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘oh go on then lets see some Kleins! :-)’ is closed to new replies.