Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Oh FFS, so 26+ is now a thing
  • P-Jay
    Free Member

When I was young and stupid I used to run Mavic 729 rims on my trail bike and once even 2.7 tyres from my DH bike just to see what it was like 3.0s were available back then, but they seemed a bit ‘much’ and it was a bit of luck the 2.7s fitted the rear (they had room to spare on my 2006 era 36s – so much for boost eh?) – it rode like utter shit, honestly it was appalling.

I know these aren’t the same, but I can’t really work out how being lighter will make them all less draggy and dull – yeah you can tip it into corners seemingly never having to brake, but most of the time it was because you never had the speed in the first place to warrant the brakes as much as it having tonnes of grip.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

epicyclo – Member
    ssboggy – Member
    Anyone know where I can get some 2 inch wide slicks for a 26inch rim
    Schwalbe Super Motos

Good luck finding any tyres for 26″ inch rims rather than 26″ wheels. 😉

I’ve got an old set of 25×2.35 Super Motos in the garage, back from when I used my Saracen Pylon8, might try to persuade them to install properly onto the Wazoo’s 80mm rim bead again at some point.

Or do the sensible thing and advertise my old 26x 1.9-2.25 sets! 😯

Northwind

2.7 dh tyres on freeride rims in heavy and draggy shock? There are 4.8 fatbike tyres now that roll fast enough and are light enough to be XC/trailworthy so 3.0 should be no challenge.

I used to use a 2.5 nevegal singleply (true 2.5 so bigger than a maxxis 2.7) on the rigid and it worked a charm.Bigger tyres would have been pushing my luck with the narrow rims but I’d have liked to try it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    faustus

26X2.0 slick? forget your supermoto’s, you can still get schwalbe kojaks in this flavour from CRC. I have some and they’re good and pretty light too: slick enough to get your knee down 😉

avdave2

nk for the info nedrapier, I’ve a Son dynamo hub which I want to keep using so it would probably be a rebuild rather than a whole new wheel.

zero-cool
    Free Member

Just track down some 2.7 Minions or High Rollers if they’re still around. Didn’t Schwalbe do a Big Betty or something as well.

Northwind

Good shout that faustus, I thought the 2.0 was gone from the world. Kojaks are awesome.

epicyclo

Looks like they’ve done away with the 26″ Super Motos.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Been a ‘thing’ for a few years. I like the idea. Personally I think it’s a shame it’s not been picked up by anyone else in a big way.

http://surlybikes.com/bikes/instigator_2point0

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Oh FFS, so 26+ is now a thing’ is closed to new replies.