Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)
  • Oh FFS
  • Harry_the_Spider

http://uk.weather.com/weather/10day-Manchester-M25

Where exactly is this BBQ summer that we were promised?

trailmonkey

I'm suprised at that. I'd never expect rain in Manchester.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

We had a lovely BBQ on Saturday. But then I'm not silly enough to live in Manchester.
    😉

Harry_the_Spider

How am I supposed to paint my gutters if it won't stop pi55ing down eh?

Pah.

traildog
    Free Member

Only a few showers and light rain. And it's sunny Tuesday next week onwards. What are you moaning about?

Jezwick
    Free Member
    Harry_the_Spider

Only a few showers and light rain. And it's sunny Tuesday next week onwards. What are you moaning about?

It says cloudy and it's meant to be the summer. That's what I'm moaning about.

Bimbler
    Free Member

It says cloudy and it's meant to be the summer

D'uh! Manchester

binners

Everyone knows that as soon as the kids break up, then that's the cue to rain solidly for 6 weeks.

Its actually a capitalist conspiracy to ensure that instead of care-free days running around in parks etc, the little darlings need to be entertained constantly. Thus ensuring that you, as a parent, hemorrhage money faster than a government IT project

scaredypants

I'm off to california next week – you'll get 2wks of blazing sunshine

roper
    Free Member

Well if it's any help it's lovely and sunny here in Spain 8)

snowslave

No that's not any help at all

xherbivorex
    Free Member

it wasn't raining last night when we were riding round salford quays like idiots.
    in fact, it was sunny.
    in other ways, it was as grim as it gets though…

Harry_the_Spider

Doing a 30 miler on the CX tomorrow night. It'll be great… apart from the pissing rain.

snowslave

It's time for human sacrifices to the rain gods

Ambrose

100mm forecast here for tommorrow 🙁

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ambrose – Member
    100mm forecast here for tommorrow

What's that in inches?

😉

Fnaar, fnaar.

boxelder

We're off here on Friday, couple of wettish days ahead by the looks – no gutters to paint though.

Harry_the_Spider

I've taken snowslaves advice and just lit up the alter.

Ambrose

Four inches. That is also four inches too many as far as I'm concerned. group ride planned tommorrow evening in ystradfellte. I wonder how many will turn up?

nbt

it was nice yesterday when I was in the car, pissing down today when I've cycled. forecast for tomorrow is rain, as I'm due to cycle again. Have to take the car on Thurday though so that's the day to plan your rides if you fancy one

MrAgreeable

It's time for human sacrifices to the rain gods

I nominate Roper, and indeed any other douchebag who chips in on these threads with the helpful and constructive contribution "It's lovely and sunny at the moment here in Spain/California/the surface of the Sun!" 🙄 😉

Harry_the_Spider

Sacrifice fire update… It went out due to the rain.

roper
    Free Member

Hang on hang on. I didn't say it's as hot as the sun here, well not quite. Just nice and sunny. The gentle cool breeze stops it getting too hot. 😀

Hairychested
    Free Member

38 deg. Celsius here in South-West Poland in the afternoon. Right now "only" 29
    😀

markgraylish
    Free Member

Count your self lucky that you don't have to ride in This 😆

Got two huge XC rides planned for this area at the weekend…

Ambrose

My heart is bleeding for you.

miketually
    Free Member

Am I suffering deja vu or have we had this exact thread before?

twinklydave

Doing a 30 miler on the CX tomorrow night.

well there you go then, it's meant to rain when out on a CX bike. It's actually even better if the temperature is below freezing, you've coughed up your lungs (which are now lounging on the top tube) and you're dressed in your skimpiest shorts and thinnest race jersy (emblazoned with something like Bob Hackets Cycle and Whippet Emporium, Bury Rd, Rochdale. "No out-of-towners")

evening sunshine has no place in cyclocross

snowslave

It's angel tears for Micheal Jackson of course

boxelder

It's angel tears for Micheal Jackson of course

Why?? Is he unwell?

Harry_the_Spider

He's fine. He's in Fiji with a big pair of hooters and going by the name of Amanda.

mtbfix

Thios is Mother Nature's way of paying us back for moaning about the heat wave a month ago.

molgrips
    Free Member

Where exactly is this BBQ summer that we were promised?

Don't get me started. Grrr…. Learn about how weather forecasting works before whinging about it.

Harry_the_Spider

If its such a lottery then they shouldn't make statements like they did. It wasn't me who promised good weather. It also wasn't me who was all over the TV this morning saying that they got it wrong.

If they don't know then they should say so.

molgrips
    Free Member

It wasn't me who promised good weather

If you can find the quote where they said 'we promise you will have good weather' I will eat my words. However, they usually say stuff like 'we are expecting this' or 'our forecasts suggest this' which is a bit different. Plus on the website at least there's a big f*ckoff disclaimer that says 'this is only a very rough guess and could be wrong'. So they do say so when they don't know. We are talking about predicting the future here. Most folk understand that it's a little bit tricky.

Some people want the moon on a stick, and blame other people when they find out it's not possible.

Harry_the_Spider

Steady on there. Don't get your pants in a bunch.

terrahawk
    Free Member

You were due a ranting at by someone, to be fair. All this joviality needs nipping in the bud.

I want (nay, NEED) a Bob Hackets Whippet Emporium jersey.
    Keep Rochdale local 😉

Harry_the_Spider

I was serious. I have sacrificed the kids from next door as an offering to the rain gods so that I can paint my gutters on Friday afternoon.

It would be nice for Carol Kirkwood to say "You know what, I haven't got a f#cking clue. So lets go to the news a couple of minutes early."

Maybe I should sacrifice her too.

Still up for a spin up the Col du Ramsbottom tonight? I hear that the weather will be lovely.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

where i am for the next 10 days (and previous 7 and a half weeks)

*sigh*

all i REALLY care about is having an indian summer in the alps in late september…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘Oh FFS’ is closed to new replies.