Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Oh dear…spot of eBay advice please…
  • dribbling
    Free Member

“Great condition” this bike was described as; a comical wreck of a bike arrived yesterday. I won’t bore with details, but it’s essentially scrap.

I contacted seller (heard this before?), was polite etc and he/she repsonded offering a pitiful amount to rectify…

I said no thanks, again, perfectly politely (no point in getting narky).

No reply.

Raised dispute.

Got my response just now…”NO REFUNDS!!”.

Brilliant. Now I’ve finished having a little chuckle, the question is, do I have to wait until 2nd Nov when eBay say it will be picked up by customer services if I have no response?

I have a response, it’s just woefully idiotic and I’m not bothering to get wound up by dealing with this fraud.

I just don’t fancy waiting about until 2nd Nov. Obviously I will if I have to, but I have some feeling that eBay try to dissuade you from SNAD claims….I kind of get that; resolve it yourself, but do I have to wait seeing as this is a clear case of seller not interested?

Ta. Rich

druidh
    Free Member

If the ad said “No Refunds” then ebay will probably just turn a blind eye.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Just let ebay deal with it, your not going anywhere with a response like that.

Edit, how is the sellers feedback, if good then you may have a chance, if bad I reckon the account will be closed & your money gone.

dribbling
    Free Member

Thanks, but “No refunds” doesn’t cover if it’s not as described (and this is so far off the mark it’s funny).

Agree that ebay can sort this, just wondering whether I have to wait until the eBay suggested timescale of 2nd Nov before escalating?

dribbling
    Free Member

if bad I reckon the account will be closed & your money gone.

Really?? What happened to buyer protection?! (and it’s 31 at 100%, but don’t think he’s ever sold anything)

wilko1999
    Free Member

Aren’t all distant sales legally covered by a no quibble 7 day money back policy? Check distance selling act. And remember – if you’re arguing with a fool, he’s doing the same’ or so my Dad told me once

druidh
    Free Member

Pretty sure that covers trade only.

cynic-al
    Free Member

DSR = retail -> consumer only.

And yes goods have to meet description, though that doesn’t nec mean you get a refund.

dribbling
    Free Member

wilko1999 » Aren’t all distant sales legally covered by a no quibble 7 day money back policy?

I believe that is eBay’s version of distance selling; “Significantly not as described” as far as I am aware, is irrespective of whether the seller agrees to this or not.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Have you paid with PayPal? If so open a dispute and you’ll have your money back pronto ime

carlosg
    Free Member

If the ad said “No Refunds” then ebay will probably just turn a blind eye.

No , if you can back up your claim that an item isn’t as described then they can find in your favour and issue a refund (happened to me with a pair of forks that should’ve been listed as spares or repair)

wwaswas

Wait and go through the ebay route. If you try anything ‘clever’ the seller will find some wriggle room.

seven
    Free Member

2nd November is only next week, doesn’t seem that long to wait to me.

Also, details are good, often 2 sides to a story

dribbling
    Free Member

Have you paid with PayPal? If so open a dispute and you’ll have your money back pronto ime

Yes, all Paypal, no shenanigans – straightforward eBay purchase.

Edit, how is the sellers feedback, if good then you may have a chance, if bad I reckon the account will be closed & your money gone.

It is this statement that concerns me, and confuses me…!

The original questions was whether I has to wait until Nov 2nd to escalate, before this thread gets out of hand! (although grateful of all experiences posted)

dribbling
    Free Member

2nd November is only next week, doesn’t seem that long to wait to me.

Agree, but it grinds that the seller is obviously not interested, so wondering whether I HAVE to wait to escalate, or if this is some clever messaging from eBay to minimise referrals?

cynic-al
    Free Member

There’s no way of accelerating the process AFAIK.

dribbling
    Free Member

cynic-al – Member

There’s no way of accelerating the process AFAIK.

Thanks, I’ll just sit tight then (bl**dy heap is taking up space in my garage!)

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Ignore this, you will get your money back regardless from paypal. They’ll try and get it back off the seller somehow, might write it off if they can’t get much luck, but that snot a worry for you.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Sorry for the confusion, I was merely relating to getting you money back off the seller, not off of ebay.

dribbling
    Free Member

Ignore this, you will get your money back regardless from paypal. They’ll try and get it back off the seller somehow, might write it off if they can’t get much luck, but that snot a worry for you.

Thanks, that’s how I understood it to be. If they close an account or their PP is empty shouldn’t be my fault!

Guess I’ll just bide my time.

Cheers, Rich

andyl
    Free Member

does raising a dispute not lock the money into their paypal so they can’t withdraw it (if not already done so)?

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Ebay/Paypal are simp, not worth the paper which we print their t’s and c’s on as they do not back up their policies so are breaking many rules and regulations in this case. Which I have been a victim of recently.

Basically, in my case, awinning bidder is not drawn into a contract to buy and pay for. To complete transaction.

Ebay will however give the muppet fraudsters, time wasters contact details to argue the point of why they should breathe the same air Genuine nice people do.

If anyone had any sense then they would never buy/
    Sell. On ebay unless absolutely needed too and positively sure that they will recieve goods/funds.

Thing people also need to learn on that dodgy as **** site which is no auction but classfieds site nowadays for a while now is that in. Order to sell/buy, both parties involved need a to trust a little more on the right way of things.

With adverts on there that are obviously taking the piss i..e stolen, I will note their mobile number and give it away to the highest bidder and gove the funds gained to air ambulance or hfh or the like.

Great way of feeling you have done your bit to waste their time and money.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

>does raising a dispute not lock the money into their paypal so they can’t withdraw it (if not already done so)?

yeah it does as someones raised a dispute with me over a sold as faulty item, what part of faulty spares repairs he cant wrap around his foreign head i dont know.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Oh dear…spot of eBay advice please…’ is closed to new replies.