Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Oh dear… what to do… Mojo HD or Yeti ASR7?
  • geetee1972
    Free Member

had made my mind up on a SC Butcher but when i went to test it, it felt terrible, way too short, i was so dissappointed

Santa Cruz bikes seem to come up short across the range. If you’re in the 5′ 10″ to 6′ 1″ range, your slap bang between sizes. A medium is too short and large too long and too gate like.

It’s also a good example of where the TT measurements can be very misleading and where the ‘reach’ measurement can really help give you a feel for how long the bike will feel.

psychle
    Free Member

How tall are you Swisstony and what size did you go with? Also, what sort of riding are you doing?

I really liked my ASR-sl, but always found myself bottoming it out (it’s an XC racer really after all!) so moved to the Enduro SL to get more travel, but then found myself wanting a quicker handling bike (like the ASR in fact!), so my ideal bike (I think) is something that combines the two, sort of a ‘long travel XC enduro’ hybrid… the Mojo HD 140 looks to be this bike, but I do wonder about the Yeti now 😆

swisstony
    Free Member

I know SC do come up short as i used to ride a Bullit but i found the Butcher really short.

I’m 5 10 and i went for a small, yeti’s are bigger in general esp tt and standover. It’s the same size as my small BFe and a tad shorter than my prophet

psychle
    Free Member

Well… with no ETA on the Mojo HD (maybe March at this stage, maybe later), I’m actually kind of tempted to pop the trigger on a small ASR7 to try out in the meantime… best case, I love it and bail on the Mojo, worst case it doesn’t work for me and I go for the Mojo when it arrives, I should be able to recoup a fair amount for the Yeti frame on Evilbay you’d think…

Decisions decisions…

ojom
    Free Member

What size and colour are you after Vince? Nearly all combo’s have been in…

psychle
    Free Member

Was that aimed at me guv? If so, I have a medium Vitamin P HD 140 on order 🙂 On the waiting list since Oct/Nov…

2pure
    Free Member

we have some HD 160s in stock, HD140s at present are a special order but would most likely be with us 3 weeks from when an order is placed with us – allowing for everything to be in stock with Ibis that is.

a few more demo HDs are being built up over the coming weeks too.

Cheers
    ran@2pure

psychle
    Free Member

Hmmmm… if that’s the case, why’ve I been waiting since 15OCT for mine? 😕 YGM 2pure… 🙂

ojom
    Free Member

We have been converting them here psychle to make them 140’s to fulfil orders. Perhaps that’s an option for your dealer to speed things up a tad.

2pure
    Free Member

I’ll keep an eye out and see if I can find out what is going on, email is info@2pure.co.uk

hora
    Free Member

Must admit if I had the same choice/dilemma (and the money) it’d be the Mojo all day long.

Very nice, capable but seriously boutique.

cinnamon_girl

Trouble is that if you go for something else, your itch will never have been scratched so in six months time you’ll be kicking yourself. 😕

Did think my 140mm Mojo was overkill for both my rubbish riding skills and the terrain I ride but, hey ho, she’s brilliant at descending and puts a grin on my face. 🙂

And, of course, she looks curvaceously gorgeous. 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Oh dear… what to do… Mojo HD or Yeti ASR7?’ is closed to new replies.