Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Oh dear, what have I set in motion?
  • Big-Dave
    Free Member

Just rung the local police on their general enquiry helpline to complain about a loud and abusive neighbour (he is a very unstable and nasty piece of work). After explaining the situation to the chap at the police he has arranged for my lovely neighbour to be picked up by a local patrol car for a talking to.

The neighbour in question has said some pretty hateful things in the past (and will continue to do so, usually at 2 in the morning unless dealt with)and I know I’ve done the right thing by reporting him but I have a horrible feeling that the short term stress and hassle this will create is going to be immense.

Happy days… 😥

Big-Dave
    Free Member

Bugger, wrong forum, sorry.

JonR
    Free Member

If your logon name isn’t ironic can you not loom over him with your best “don’t mess with me” face and tell him to wind his neck in?

abennell
    Free Member

Will the neighbour know it is you or have others complained too??

If you are the only one then good luck, it is the right thing to do but some people won’t like being hauled into a police car and will most likely want a chat with you after a few too many stellas*

*other brands of strong lager are available

Big-Dave
    Free Member

If your logon name isn’t ironic can you not loom over him with your best “don’t mess with me” face and tell him to wind his neck in?

I could happily batter the scrote into the ground, but I have a job, and a fairly nice life. I have a suspicion that if I did take things into my own hands I’d come off second best. An assualt charge isn’t good for future job prospects.

Besides the idiot in question has a 12 month conditional discharge for assuault so I thought I’d let the law deal with things.

JonR
    Free Member

I was more talking about the intimation of physical harm rather than the actual perpetration of it but this bellend sounds like the type who wouldn’t back down from such a threat. Now they have a record of it grass him to the police every time he does anything untoward, it’ll probably take an immediate threat of a loss of liberty to quieten him down.

Big-Dave
    Free Member

I’m afraid that if I were to go round to have a quiet word it would get pretty heated very quickly, he is a total loon and usually drunk or high so things could escalate fairly rapidly. I’m in not in the best place emotionally since losing my mum to cancer a few months ago and I’m on a bit of a hair trigger when it comes to stressful situations.

One of the local officers has just called and wants to arrange a meeting with me to determine the best course of action. My neighbour is well known to them.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Oh dear, what have I set in motion?’ is closed to new replies.