• This topic has 41 replies, 33 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Oh dear – this might help explain why England were worse than usual
  • mr_krabs
    Free Member

Gerrard v Terry

I can understand Terry being pee'd off, but you would think they could put it to one side for the sake of the team. Shows what a bunch of spoilt brats they are!

fbk
    Free Member

Jesus. If that's to be believed, they really are a bunch of cocks aren't they!

mr_krabs
    Free Member

I reckon Gerrard will be begging mourihno to take him to madrid when this comes out.

I'm amazed capello wants to stay if this is what he has to deal with. Almost hoping he drops the lot of them and starts with decent youngs players mixed with some of the professional senior players

the-muffin-man

Neither should have gone to the world cup anyway – both have been playing rubbish for months.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

All I got on that link was "Nothing to see here"?

The England squad was everything wrong about building and running a team. I could see something was very wrong, when Terry came out to do a news conference that was the job of the captain, and then said a load of guff that was his opinion only!

Add to that, a Manager who seems to think that the way to go about it is to follow the "Great Leader" theory of behaviour and you have a recipe for disaster. A good Manager enables, he/she doesn't shout orders. What Capello did was set up an "Adult/Children" scenario in which the children sulked and the adult lost his temper.

My advice for the next attempt to choose a Manager and a Team is: get in a decent sports psychologist. Like this guy, for instance.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/audio/2007/nov/23/dr.george.sik.england.manager

kevin1911

Yep, thread removed now. What was the jist of the theory?

mr_krabs
    Free Member

didn't take long for them to remove that!
    this is an outline of what that removed thread said
    gerrard v terry take 2

EDIT: the removed thread alledged that gerrard had got his sister-in-law pregnant (not a 16y/o girl) and that terry was really pee'd that gerrard got to keep the captaincy, and they had a massive falling out over it. half the squad were on terry's side the other half on gerrard's.

What a mess.

molgrips
    Free Member

When England have been successful in the past, what were their managers like? I'm not old enough to remember 🙂

tails
    Free Member

he/she doesn't shout orders

you tell that to Alex Ferguson 😆

LHS
    Free Member

Do you think i can take them to the small claims court for wasting about 360 mins of my life?

highclimber
    Free Member

I find that story strangely believable

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Have you read the replies on football.co.uk?

he didnt do it coz he's a legend, but have you seen the girl, shes prime! so if he did then all credit to him

🙄

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

For those that read it, Alex Curran doesn't have a sister, two brothers, apparently, that makes it even more interesting? 🙄

LHS
    Free Member

If only STW was so poetic!

soobalias
    Free Member

oooh oooh oooh, its like heat magazine.

anyone know who britney is shagging nowadays

grumm
    Free Member

These rumours don't exactly seem very reliable but I wouldn't be surprised if there was something going on.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

It's now been removed….

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

'rumours circulating the internet' says it all really.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Can't believe he could manage all that before his voice had even broken

bigyinn
    Free Member

Since when was Pistonheads a gossip site??

kimbers

terry is a nobber i think all of englands woes lead back to his underpants and capello just wasnt able to deal with this gang super rich playboys with egos the size of man u's debt and mental and emotional ages of between 5-8 yr olds

Haze

What a load of bollocks!

muggomagic

As much as I like football I'm finding it harder to care about any of it because of some of the players behaviour, but worse still the press and their constant need to report on stuff that really is no ones business but those involved.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

As much as I like football I'm finding it harder to care about any of it because of some of the players behaviour

The one thing to really get me(no idea why it has taken so long for it to hit me) was the sending off in the Portugal v Spain game the other night. There was minimal (if any) contact that I saw, but the player went down like he had been shot then the Portuguese guy, realising what was happening, followed suit in the hope the ref would think it was handbags and both players had been at fault.

Despicable behaviour. And I know it goes on all the time but it just hit me seeing that incident at this level.

thomthumb
    Free Member

i missed the thread but don't understand why sister in law has to mean his wifes siter. why not his brothers wife?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

If it was my brother's wife he wouldn't. 👿

Junkyard
    Free Member

I know she's a minger

peachos
    Free Member

The one thing to really get me(no idea why it has taken so long for it to hit me) was the sending off in the Portugal v Spain game the other night. There was minimal (if any) contact that I saw, but the player went down like he had been shot then the Portuguese guy, realising what was happening, followed suit in the hope the ref would think it was handbags and both players had been at fault.

Despicable behaviour. And I know it goes on all the time but it just hit me seeing that incident at this level.

we were talking about this the other night, that and the england goal that was 'missed' and how hawk-eye would solve so many of football's problems.

i used to like watching football but all the diving, cheating, raping, womanising put me off big time.

Lifer
    Free Member

My brother analysis football and crunches stats for a living, this is what he reckons:

England have never reached the final of the U-20 World Cup, a record bettered by Qatar. Even if we did produce a team of wonder-kids, they'd only sit on the bench at Premier League clubs. It's too easy to snap up every promising youngster. A couple of years ago, John Bostock made his debut for Palace when he was 15. He came on against top of the table Watford and for 20 minutes, was the best player on the pitch. His passing, shooting and generally ability on the ball was far superior to every other player on the pitch. What happened? Due to a stupid **** rule he went to Spurs for peanuts, and then sat on the bench. Didn't get game time, developed a massive ego due to his reported wages of 5k a week (for a 16 year old, sitting on the bench!) and his career has gone backwards. Was last seen on loan at Brentford, being told he had to sort his attitude out. If he'd stayed at Palace, he'd have played close to 75 first team games by now. Every so often we get a Joe Cole, potentially Jack Wilshere is the next one, but they are the exception and not the rule.

The fact is, we just don't produce enough talented players. Look at our midfield: Gareth Barry, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard. Everyone goes on about how Barry is a holding player and Gerrard needs to play behind the front man but if you think about it, they are basically the same player. They are all big, strong, athletic players who get the ball forward quickly and have plenty of energy. They are very explosive players, capable of inspiring a good performance from the rest of their team. Somewhere in the last couple of years, Gerrard has been pushed further forward, and Barry further back but I can remember Barry being much more prominent in an attacking sense for Villa, and Gerrard played the holding role for England during the 5-1 in Munich. Both did those jobs fine, they are true box-to-box midfielders. There's nothing wrong with that, look at Gennaro Gattuso for Italy four years ago. The problem is that you need someone alongside them who can put their foot on the ball and control the game. Spain have Xabi Alonso sitting next to Sergio Busquets, Italy and Milan partner Gattuso with Andrea Pirlo. The only player that England have produced in the last few years who can play that sort of role is Michael Carrick, who through injury and lack of playing time at United has dropped away massively in the last two seasons. Tom Huddlestone could potentially play there, but he seems to be suffering from the same disease that Gerrard has, where every ball has to be a 70 yard defence splitting crossfield pass.

If you look at nearly every other team that reached the second round, every one of their midfield or defence is at least as good if not better than their English counterpart in terms of their passing and control. Their movement is better, they are more patient and perhaps most critically, they all want the ball. If England faced Japan in a game of keep ball, they'd get murdered.

The problem starts at a young age. It's all about winning, so the tall kids go in goal and in the centre of defence, and the fast kids go up front. Fabio Cannavaro would never have been allowed to be a centre back in this country, because he's too short. The kids who aren't very good on the ball go in the middle, and compensate by running around a lot and getting 'stuck in.' We have this wonderful obsession with 'grit' and 'passion.' You think Xavi Hernandez isn't passionate about playing for Barcelona or Spain? Of course he is, but he doesn't prove it by throwing himself about and jumping into tackles. If he was English, he'd be criticised for being too lightweight, and for fading in and out of games. It's the same reason pundits do the 'yeah, well Messi hasn't done it on a wet, Tuesday night in January away to Wigan.' Of course he hasn't, he's too busy scoring four against Arsenal in the Champions League.

The reason I mentioned the lack of coaches is because that, coupled with the structure of youth football in this country, is ruining promising youngsters. Ten years old is far too young to start playing 11-a-side and competing for a league trophy. Add to this the fact that most youth teams are managed by ignorant parents. I can distinctly remember when I was nine, over-hearing an opposition manager telling one of his players after he'd been skinned for the nth time by our winger 'I've told you before, if the ball gets past you, he doesn't.'

When I was 11, I spent three weeks before our league season kicked off doing pre-season training, to get fit. It was completely **** pointless, at that age, you really don't need it. In Spain, Brazil, Argentina etc. the kids play small sided-games, with a smaller ball. Training revolves around getting used to the ball, and how to use it, instead of running a bit faster for a bit longer.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I know she's a minger

LOL

konabunny
    Free Member

There's a very funny comment on this rumour over on popbitch at the moment:

A bunch of mis-shapen, tracksuit wearing trainee rapists shagging each others orange, loud mouthed, badly dressed slags goes on every day on council estates up and down the land. Add money to the mix and suddenly we have, oh **** it cant be bothered.

warton
    Free Member

Lifer, very true on all levels!

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

i missed the thread but don't understand why sister in law has to mean his wifes siter. why not his brothers wife?

Because, that is exectly what the OP was claiming on Pistonheads link above.

crazy-legs

Someone with some common sense says exactly what's wrong with England (in addition to the obvious ones about the players being a bunch of spoiled selfish tossers:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8774308.stm

hora
    Free Member

bigyinn – Member
    Since when was Pistonheads a gossip site??

Its full of old dears and lots of hot gos' 😀

khani
    Free Member

should have got a team of lower division players instead of that bunch of nobbers,
    they might not have played any better or got any further but they would have played their hearts out and done it with pride, and come home with their heads held high
    its not about winning, its about bothering to try

geminafantasy
    Free Member

This came out some time ago but I think I remember Gerrard got an injunction out to stop it being reported, what that does as to whether you think it's true or not i'm not sure!

crikey
    Free Member

I liked the everton? chant aimed at Gerrard, regarding the rumours of his other halfs liasons with a member of Liverpools underworld;

Who's that coming over your bird, is it a gangster, is it a gangster?

simonralli2
    Free Member

For what it's worth, today's Sun is covering the bust up between Gerrard and Terry at the world cup, and hints strongly that more may come out now their world cup is over.

hora
    Free Member

crikey, best was the England chants to the USA

"your not swimming anymore, your not swimming any-more' 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Oh dear – this might help explain why England were worse than usual’ is closed to new replies.