Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Oh dear I’ve actually watched a bit of a talent show!
  • PJay
    Free Member

I tend to loathe talent shows and the general tat on TV, but after coming across a certain Scotish spinster, Susan Boyle, making headlines on the internet news sites I must admit that I had a sneaky peek on Youtube to see what all the fuss was about (well a couple of looks actually). It’s not even my type of music but I have to say, it was pretty fantastic (even brought a tear to my eye big sofie that I am). It’s nice to see someone ordinary doing good for a change.

There’s a bit about it on the BBC site at http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/edinburgh_and_east/8004712.stm

coffeeking
    Free Member

Tis pretty impressive.

alpin
    Free Member

bout an hour ago my mum told me about it whilst on skype.

spent almost all my time since watching ‘talent’ vids.

shows how prejudice or how high we hold our opinions of people without knowing them….

the ‘flawless’ dancing lads are good too.

coffeeking
    Free Member

shows how prejudice or how high we hold our opinions of people without knowing them….

Not so sure thats overly true. I have a feeling that, while sat in the audience watching crap act after crap act you must grow to expect a 48 year old spinster to be less than talented based on previous auditionees?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Yeah, she can sing all right. Heard her on’t radio. Proper voice that.

I doubt she’ll ‘win’ (not that I’m bothered about whatever show she’s on), as the programme-makers tnd to go for the more ‘marketable’ (IE young and pretty) type of ‘act’, but I’d almost guarantee some savvy record company/ies will have her lined up, regardless. She’ll get her 15 minutes, then it’s up to her to keep up the momentum. Is she really good enough to take on established opera stars, or just a nice, safe, happy ‘ordinary’ person with an above-average talent?

Good luck to her anyway. Seems a nice woman. She certainly deserves something for the effort she’s put in, and again, she can propply sing.

marsdenman
    Free Member

Clip on the BBC the other morning summed it up for me

Ant & Dec behind the scenes, a few bars in camera cuts to them and one (which is which……?) pipes up ‘you didn’t expect that, did you?’
    No, i did not and yes, brought an ickle tear to my eye as well, an amazing voice…..

Win or lose she’s off to big things, good luck to her.

aslongasithaswheels
    Free Member

i just watched this and blimey, she has quite a voice.

Unfortunately because of shows like this we expect anyone that doesn’t look like they got dressed during an explosion in New Look or had their make up done by a new romantic they are going to be a nutter. At the beginning of the video the slack jawed yokels in the audience turn their face to cynacism everytime the poor woman opens her mouth to talk to the judges.

That whole type of show stinks to high heaven as its just an excuse to wheel out the blatant nutters and diluded **** that think they can sing like Whitney Houston on the off chance that one person shines.

It’s a shame that Susan Boyle has to go through all that to get the recognition that her talent deserves. No doubt she’ll get a make-over and be biffing someone from Blue or A1 by the end of the year

coffeeking
    Free Member

That whole type of show stinks to high heaven as its just an excuse to wheel out the blatant nutters and diluded **** that think they can sing like Whitney Houston on the off chance that one person shines.

Isnt that the fun of it? I only watch them for the talentless ones to chuckle at (mainly because that’s what I’d be like if I went for it), they become boring when they actually get good. It’s not really a shame for her, she’s a grown woman, she’d know what to expect and knew she was good. And by eck was she good.

jimmy

try these guys…

druidh
    Free Member
    Digger90
    Free Member

I also thought ‘wow’…. but I don’t get why grown men say the genuinely wept?

psychle
    Free Member

Brought a tear to my eye as well… I think it’s just the power of seeing someone ‘ordinary’ turning out to be ‘extraordinary’… I’d kinda describe it as pride in the human spirit…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Oh dear I’ve actually watched a bit of a talent show!’ is closed to new replies.