Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Oh dear… I appear to have become a hipster (or something)…
  • psychle
    Free Member

Have now added a fixie to my stable… quite a nice one I think, bit of a Gumtree bargain, collecting it tomorrow! 99% sure it's not nicked 🙄 😯 , seller seems to know his stuff, which most London bike thiefs don't in my experience…

Now to see if I crash and burn on the ride home from Ealing to Islington, never ridden fixed before! Lucky it has a front brake, but I'll be taking it super easy 😆

coogan
    Free Member

Fail. On a quite a few counts actually.

psychle
    Free Member

fixed it now… current owner is 6ft, so the seat is up a loooong way for him, should suit me better at 5'8" 🙂

boxelder

Don't forget your pedals

rOcKeTdOg

needs deep section white rims

psychle
    Free Member

Don't forget your pedals

Indeed… have set a reminder in my phone, as I know I'll do just that (forget them!)

_tom_
    Free Member

Looks great, nice and clean 😀 Haven't dared to try fixed on my langster yet.

psychle
    Free Member

it has a flip/flop hub, I suspect I'll chicken out tomorrow and swap it round! Couple more pics, for the hell of it 😆

I reckon I'll fit a rear brake and get some TT type brake levers for the bull horns, much safer for London riding I suspect.

noteeth
    Free Member

CFH to the thread, please.

psychle
    Free Member

he'll be along soon enough to cast derision my way I'm sure (though, he's been a bit quiet lately no?)

MrNutt
    Free Member

remember to pack some "Vespre heavy days" sanitary pads to wear (inside) your sisters jeans, its the secret all the cool kids are too shy to share.

mybike
    Free Member

Cool song 😀

noteeth
    Free Member

he's been a bit quiet lately no?

The shooting season is getting underway.

psychle
    Free Member

needs deep section white rims

Hmmm, like these perhaps (£80 for a set?)

Woody
    Free Member

That's really nice. I wouldn't worry about only having a front brake if you're taking it easy, it just feels really weird at first and then all of a sudden it feels 'normal'.

No brakes – that's a different proposition altogether 😯

I thought the video above was going to be the Lance Armstrong one, which scared the crap out of me just watching it!

Edit: FOUND IT – originally posted by crazy-legs

Slacks
    Free Member

"I'm currently writing a magazine and its all about my balls." Best viral in years.

psychle
    Free Member

Well, I survived the ride home… and, I gotta say, riding fixed is lovely! Feels a little strange having your legs constantly turning, but in a good way, can't help but think it's good for your fitness? Definitely going to fit a rear brake and TT brake levers (in fact, have already ordered them from CRC!), will make me much more confident to build up the speed, esp. in traffic etc! All in, pretty happy with it 8)

steve_b77
    Free Member

Colour coordination is the way forwards, white rims are a definite must on that 😀

This week I've seen my bikes brethren; a Mongoose Maurice with the orange deep section rims, same bars and Orange Bar tape and another steel thingy in battle ship grey with Yellow deep section rims, same bars and yellow bar tape.

Conversely a set of red rims with red bar tape would look ace, or even purple :mrgreen:

boxelder

That film woody linked is mad – even my 6 yr old sussed it was dangerous!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Oh dear… I appear to have become a hipster (or something)…’ is closed to new replies.