Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Oh dear I am going to be that riding husband!
  • ahwiles
    Free Member

MoreCashThanDash – Member
    …she … realised that her idiot husband did actually know what he was talking about…

this never happened.

for years, my wonderful wife would ask why i had so many mountain bikes (3), when she only had 1.

last year, we bought her a Giant Anthem (Liv Lust to be precise), so i asked if we were going to sell her hardtail..?

‘No’ – apparently she needs a bike that she can ride when she doesn’t want the pressure to perform at a level that justifies a full-suspension mtb.

this is great news! – and a great reason for me to buy a fully ridgid Singular Swift…

Sandwich

I’ve admitted it now! after the trip whilst drinking a glass of vino together!

Well played, better to seek forgiveness…. 🙂

MoreCashThanDash

MoreCashThanDash – Member
    …she … realised that her idiot husband did actually know what he was talking about…
    this never happened.

Sorry dear, didn’t realise you’d changed your username…. 😳

phil40
    Free Member

Following the better to seek forgiveness mantra, I booked a hire bike and explained it away with me wanting to treat her! We are riding the blue tomorrow, I am packing a little picnic for us to have on the way round, and I really hope she has a lovely time! I will report back 🙂

PePPeR

Excellent, have a great time.

anagallis_arvensis

Turned out OK then!!

phil40
    Free Member

Quite well Anagallis 😀

We popped up to Swinley and picked up the demo bike, we rode the green lap a couple of times so she could get used to it and then set off on the blue! I followed everyones advice, and carried all of the drinks/ snacks with us. We took it nice and easy and stopped whenever she felt like it! She rode everything, and enjoyed it! We finished one lap, and still had some time left so she asked if we could go round again!

Two complete laps of the blue on her first try! I was far more nervous, than her! She really liked the hire bike……..so much so that when we took it back and they said they were selling off this years demo bikes we bought it on the spot! (£250 instead of 500) She did agree it was a much nicer bike than her BSO and much more fun to ride! I am now worried that between my 6yr old racing XC and her liking mountain biking, my bike budget is going to need adjusting!

Cheers for the advice all!

Yak

Sounds like it couldn’t have gone any better! 😀

phil40
    Free Member

It is lovely to be able to share with her a pursuit that I absolutely love doing! Going to cost me a fortune in bike bits though!

edhornby

The weight comparison is a useful one, get her to pick up a carbon hardtail then her bso and see the advantage

Clover

Well done! Has she got her STW login yet?

Just be warned, my OH got me to ride mountain bikes. Last year he had to pit for my first solo 24. Probably not what he was expecting when we met! 😆

RegP
    Free Member

Just let her ride her own bike and she will then realise it is rubbish and pester you for something better, that is if she enjoys it but sounds like she does.

Bunnyhop

Brilliant.

Find out if she prefers you ahead or behind. The last thing you need is for her to feel pressurised.

In my case it was me as the mtber, who had to persuade the boyfriend to sell his Raleigh descender and buy a Trek. Took all of 9 months.

16 years later he’s quite a decent rider.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Oh dear I am going to be that riding husband!’ is closed to new replies.