Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Oh dear…
  • ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I think it’s wonderful how the announcement of a Royal birth brings great joy to the nation during these otherwise dark and depressing times.

You know the Queen Mother always had a smile for us during the Blitz, God bless her.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

“Imagine that, a boy without a winkle”

Stoner
    Free Member

Drac

It’s nearly as bad as people turning up at Mayhem a day or two early to get next to the race line and laying out as much tape as they can to secure the site for their mates.

P-Jay
    Free Member

If it makes them happy, leave ’em be.

slowjo
    Free Member

Or to develop Drac’s theme…

It’s almost as bad as XC racers camping out on the start line two hours before the race starts, just to make sure they get to the first corner first……

Fine if it is the Nationals or it is an important race, less so for local grass roots affairs.

D0NK

If it makes them happy, leave ’em be.

quite, it keeps them away from me (pretty sure I don’t know any of them but just a general point). Still don’t get why tho, going gaga over the royals does not compute anyway, but this is even more ridiculous, they’re camping out for…what? Is it a queue to visit mother and baby? no. Do they find out before us? no I’ll probably find out at the same time despite not even wanting to know. Maybe there is a festival atmosphere? dunno just looks like a load of slightly weird people camped out and nicholas witchell and other royal correspondents sycophants of the media standing around like pillocks saying “nope, nothing yet”. There’s plenty of other subjectively “weird” things I can see the point of even if I disagree with it, but this just confuses me

It’s nearly as bad as people turning up at Mayhem a day or two early to get next to the race line

can’t see a problem, get there early nice spot get some extra riding in, check out the course…

and laying out as much tape as they can to secure the site for their mates.

Now that’s cheeky.

brooess
    Free Member

Well the only people there when I walked past last night were the broadcasters’ trucks – been there for about a week now – must be bored stupid!

When #1 heir popped out it was interesting comparing the photos on the front pages which suggested massive crowds of proles ‘wishing the young couple well’ when walking past that morning there was a crowd of press right by the front door and the rest of the street was clear… which ticks box #5 in that list ^^ 🙂

Rockape63
    Free Member

Reminds me….a few weeks back I was sitting in a Florida Pancake House and the Waitress said ‘I sooo love Kate’!

I said….’Who?’ 😕

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I said….’Who?’

I thought Rockapes were supposed to be patriotic ? Doesn’t British sovereignty over a vital outpost of the once mighty British Empire depend them ?

Rubber_Buccaneer

I’ve seen the rock apes, they are more interested in peanuts and mayhem.

CountZero

I have no issues with the Royal Family, I only have to look at the sort of individuals chosen as presidents by republics around the world, but this sort of media-driven garbage just leaves me cold.
    Are these people’s lives so empty that they need to obsess about a royal baby in order to find some sort of meaning in life?
    I blame Diana.

aracer
    Free Member

Yep, it’s clearly heaving with superfans

I really can’t be bothered to check (but just about interested enough – in a WTF sort of way – to read and comment on the thread), do other news outlets also have articles on this complete non-story?

geoffj

That checklist is missing one

Have antipodean radio hosts call……..

on second thoughts 🙁

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Oh dear…’ is closed to new replies.