Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Oh cr@p – petrol, meet diesel :(
  • simmy
    Free Member

My Fiesta has a Anti misfuel filler neck so it will only take Diesel. Works fine till the pumps are busy and you can’t do the old trick of stretching the pump over the “wrong” side as the spout only goes in straight.

Had the pump stuck a few times and panicked at first but needs lifting then pulling out.

I’ve put diesel in my old VW Polos but only a few quids worth and they just smoke a bit on tickover but they are old cars so no sensors to gunge up with the wrong fuel.

spooky_b329

I didn’t think you could get the nozzle in nowadays. is that not true?

Diesel won’t go into a petrol filler (normally) but the diddy petrol one will fit into a diesel.

I demonstrated this to my wife when we switched to a petrol car, and then confused the pump/staff as we’d lifted both nozzles and had to stand there like idiots for a few minutes whilst they worked out how to switch the pump back on 😀

chipsngravy
    Free Member

The wife did this once. Since then one of these has been fitted http://www.fuelsure.com/index.html

Cougar

Diesel won’t go into a petrol filler (normally) but the diddy petrol one will fit into a diesel.

Modern Fords have a lock ring on the filler which prevents this; a too-small nozzle won’t open the ring wide enough to release the flap and allow the pump to be inserted. #InnuendoBingo

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Oh cr@p – petrol, meet diesel :(’ is closed to new replies.