Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Oh bum I have snapped my towbar electrics cover!
  • monkeychild
    Free Member

Putting my bike rack on, I have snapped the blimming cover at the hinge 🙁 i wouldn't mind replacing it rather than sticking a rubber cover on. So has anyone any ideas how the electrics connect to the socket? Are they soldered on or is it a case of held in by a screw like in domestic sockets?

bruneep
    PePPeR

as Bruneep says, they are screwed in, doesn't take long to get it replaced. Oh and I have rubber covers over mine as well as the caps, makes sure all the dirt stays out!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    chalkstorm
    Free Member

Rubber covers keep the water out – but also keep condensation in. Just ditched mine….. and will reply on the caps….

Brother_Will
    Free Member

Yep screwed in just like a domestic plug, used to change them all time in my old job.

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

Did the same thing about 6 months ago, not replaced as yet, just keep sqirting wd40 on and it keeps working.

keyses2

screwed in, easy to change just remeber to note which colour wire goes to which number terminal (if there isn't enough cable length to swap one wire at a time)

monkeychild
    Free Member

Holy late reply batman. Cheers guys 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Oh bum I have snapped my towbar electrics cover!’ is closed to new replies.