Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Oh Bum! After 14 years my G-Shock has died.
  • Harry_the_Spider

After 14 years and numerous bangs, crashes and immersions my trusty G-Shock has died. The seal from the last battery change has failed and it filled with water.

Is there another £60ish watch that can take this level of abuse or is the best replacement another G-Shock?

I quite like the look of this one. G-1000 1A

anokdale
    Free Member

Take it back and ask for a refund, i have one that is nearer 20 yrs, 😆
    I have another one that is solar powered and i like that one, it is new 5 years use only.

Dai
    Free Member

http://www.tiktox.com/gwm56001er-p-2154.php

Best watch in the real world 😉

Harry_the_Spider

Take it back and ask for a refund,

The battery change and re-seal was a couple of years back.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

if you get that g-shock, you'll be able to wear it to work and it'll stay in very good condition. apparently.

Harry_the_Spider

Got an Omega for work. Don't want to risk that on a bike ride!

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

I have the Casio you're looking at – nice watch, good weight and size. It's my everyday watch so takes a fair battering And keeps working – pretty much what you'd expect from G-Shock

xherbivorex
    Free Member

ah, i was merely lampooning the "review" on amazon up there.

but if my current g-shock died, i'd get one of those you linked in a shot.

Harry_the_Spider

Sorry, wasn't paying attention… Kelly's partner thinks it is a very good watch. I'll buy one on the back of that info-nugget.

Harry_the_Spider

ditch_jockey – Member
    I have the Casio you're looking at – nice watch, good weight and size. It's my everyday watch so takes a fair battering And keeps working – pretty much what you'd expect from G-Shock

Does the "seconds" hand go round all the time or is it just for stop watch mode? If it stayed parked at 12 o'oclock I think it would annoy me.

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

had to go and look – second hand stays put, but I've never bothered to investigate whether that can be changed.

TBH I don't tend to use the "bells and whistles" functions on watches; I had bought a plain Luminox watch for work last year, but despite being billed as military spec, it died within a few months, so I went back to G-Shock and bought the cheapest one I liked.

Harry_the_Spider

Ta.

For £60 I can live with a stationary second hand.

My old one looked quite sad this moring with its misted up screen and dead displays.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Was it carrying a donor card?

Harry_the_Spider

New one ordered.

If it lasts as long as the old one it will cost me £4:50 a year.

My son can have to old one as he likes wearing it but can't tell the time.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Oh Bum! After 14 years my G-Shock has died.’ is closed to new replies.