Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Oh and by the way… Europe and North Africa are freezing…
  • ohnohesback
    Free Member

Yet there is very little mentioned on the BBC numbskull news, had you evre wished you were better informed?

elzorillo
    Free Member

I was told to be worried about the world getting warmer.. So now I should worry about it getting colder too??

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Yes, we’re all DOOOMED…

IanMunro
    Free Member

I bet there’s people in Turkey cursing TRT for not keeping them informed of the pending super-drought of East Anglia too 🙂

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Do we not live in a global village?

IanMunro
    Free Member

I hope not!
    It’s bad enough trying to keep track of all the gossip from the village down the road, without having the rest of the world to content with too.

ransos
    Free Member

I was told to be worried about the world getting warmer.. So now I should worry about it getting colder too??

Perhaps you should worry that you don’t understand the difference between weather and climate. 😉

allmountainventure
    Free Member

Its not freezing here (south west Spain). We just had had a colder fortnight than usual and one night we even had frost, but now its warmer again. No snow in the Sierra de las Nieves (Mountains of Snow) this year, hardly any rain, lots of blue sky and sun, dusty bikes.

Pretty normal winter for here to be honest, minus the frost (see what I did there?) 😀

dave360

elzo – it’s global warming that’s causing it to be so cold. Clear?

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Supposedly the current freeze is caused by the artic melt falling as increased snow over Siberia, drying out that air so that the cold, dry air can more easily become a typical, but more intense, european blocking high. That’s the summary I heard on R4’s Material World. Or it could be that the arctic melt is cooling the air above it and affecting the weather as the colder waters make their way south…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Oh and by the way… Europe and North Africa are freezing…’ is closed to new replies.