Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Ofset bushings and anglesets?
  • bloodyshins
    Free Member

Hi guys, I’m considering trying to knock a few degrees off the head angle of mu 09 Remedy… I was wondering if anyone on here is running ofset shock bushes and how much difference they actually make to BB height and the head angle. I just can’t imaging they could make that much difference.

Also and this is probably a bit of a numpty question but can I fit an angleset or similar if I’m running a tapered fork in a tapered head tube?

Thanks in advance…

kimbers

according the the gumpf up to 1.5 degrees with the bushings

i did 1 end of mine on my stinky it does feel a bit different (i think?) but ive not ridden in anger yet

i got these guys 30 quid for both ends its worth a pop

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300611150162?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

petetheplumber
    Free Member

http://www.workscomponents.co.uk/

Should find the correct headset here.

Rickos
    Free Member

I had some Burgtec offsets on my 2008 Orange 5 which has an 8mm shock mounting so could only do 2mm each end and that still took about 0.25 inch off the BB height, which is significant enough. You’d certainly feel that. If your shock bolts are 6mm then you’d get a bigger effect.

I tried measuring the head and seat angles with an app on my phone and it came out somewhere between 0.5 and 1 degree slacker.

If you’re happy with the BB height (that was what I really wanted to alter) then try the headset route if you can get one for a tapered fork. That steepens the seat angle a little which would always be more preferable to slackening it (a la offsets) in my book.

The-remedy
    Free Member

I got some offset bushes for my remedy 09 but could only use the bottom one.Am running ccdb which seats to close to the evo link to use.if you are interested in them i will sell them.Got a works headset on order so will let you know what’s it like.

Northwind

Works headset has made a big difference to both bikes i’ve used them in- lowers BB a little, slacks head angle a decent amount, and doesn’t mess with the suspension at all.

For the bushings, you do need the clearance- since it shortens the effective length of the shock, the bottomed-out position is also shorter which can mean clashing hard parts on a tightly packaged frame. I got some 3mm ones for my Hemlock but that was too much and left the chainstays whacking the seat tube. Also, it may slightly change the suspension rates, though whether you notice or care is a very different question 😉

Dekerf853

The Remedy, how are you getting on with the Angleset in your ’09 Remedy?
    Which version Angleset did you get?

Thanks……

JoeG
    Free Member

I used a 1 degree Works Comp headset. It a noticeable change to the handling.

I then added offset bushings from Proshox from Poland via their ebay store. Proshox were 1/2 of the price of the Bergtec ones, since they’re steel and Al, not Ti. They slackened the bike another degree and dropped the BB about 1/4″ IIRC.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Ofset bushings and anglesets?’ is closed to new replies.