Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Offset bushings creaking?
  • pbooker1995
    Free Member

Following on from my thread regards to head angle etc, i managed to get my hand on an offset bush from Offsetbushes.com. Filed it down, (as couldn’t get one small enough) to the correct size and fits spot on.

Just under compression there is a slight squelch noise. Not the shock as wasn’t doing it before the bush swap. Clearance is tight but no rubbing what soever, even under full compression.

Has anyone heard of them creaking a little to start with? Sure i’ve read on here somewhere that this can happen.

Thanks

kelvin

How did you file it down yet keep it completely flat/square?

euans2
    Free Member

I’ve never tried the ones you have but I do use the burgtec ones and i’ve never heard a peep out of them

pbooker1995
    Free Member

Used a file to carefully take the material off and then used 2 spirit levels, one on the bottom and one on top to check that it was completely square.

teethgrinder

I thought the whole point of getting bushes from them was they could be supplied in any length?

Don’t have any squeaking from mine. Couldn’t hear it over the squelching from the shock anyway 🙁

pbooker1995
    Free Member

Yeah, i ordered the wrong size originally. I did order some burgtec ones but they never showed up.

Just had another look, all is well. Was a cable in its housing moving slightly with the suspension movement.

Thanks all

euans2
    Free Member

I did order some burgtec ones but they never showed up.

The same happened to me, the original set I ordered from Burgtec got lost in the post, They sent out a new set wich arrived fairly fast, a few weeks later the original set turned up so I just sent them straight back.

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

First set I had from the same place creaked like crazy on the first ride.
    After about a month they developed play and I got them to send a second replacement set out.
    They were also very nosy first ride and also developed play very soon after.

Ripped them out and put in some from tf tuned being running well for quite some time now.

jeron
    Free Member

James – when did you order form us? That’s very weird. We changed our material suppliers quite a while ago and haven’t had a single complaint about our bushings since – despite thousands sold.

Glad you solved the creaking conundrum pbooker1995 – sorry to hear you ordered the wrong size!

Jeron

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Offset bushings creaking?’ is closed to new replies.