Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Offset Bushings & 2012+ Five?
  • DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Currently run 150mm Revs but going to go up to 160mm something-or-others shortly… Anyone running 160mm forks + offset bushings on a 2012+ Five and will I die?

Cheers
    Dave

dirtydog
    Free Member

I’m looking at going the other way.

I originally ran Fox 36 160mm Talas on my 2011 five but have since converted them to floats and set the travel to 150mm, I still find the steering a touch slow for tight stuff.

Unless the majority of your riding is gravity fed on wide open fast trails then I think you would be best sticking with what you’ve got. You could end up with something that rides really well on 10% of trails and not so good on the other 90%.

The head/seatube angle with 160 forks is more than slack enough IME, I wouldn’t bother with offset bushings.

cardo

No, although I’m running 140mm on a 5 with offset bushes turned to full offset and it’s brill, the geometry IMO that the 5 should have been built with. Try them and if you don’t die and it’s rubbish change the offset or pop the original bushes back in and sell the unwanted ones on the classifieds on here.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Offset Bushings & 2012+ Five?’ is closed to new replies.