Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • offline mapping apps
  • pete68
    Free Member

Any recommendations for offline maps to use on a smartphone? Needs to be able to show European to a good scale. Also need to be able to plot a route on it. Don’t mind paying for one that actually works. The free ones I’ve looked at seem pretty poor. Cheers

ampthill

I use backcountry navigator and like it. UK only but I can cache OS at multi scale. It works world wide but I’ve only used UK

There is another one but the name escapes me

bigG
    Free Member

Co pilot live worked really well for me previously. Allows you to download maps for europe and doesn’t need a data connection once you’re there.

Map scale is pretty good for driving around, but it’s not down to anything like minute OS standard.

From memory I paid about £30 for all of the European maps. I now have it on an old iphone that I shove in my bag in case I end up with a hire car that doesnt have sat nav.

It does eat battery so you’ll need an in car charger cable. otherwise it’s ace.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    walla24
    Free Member

“maps with me” and and “NavFree”
    both free, navfree even does turn by turn, got me to mongolia and back so highly recommended!

nickjb
    Free Member

I like ‘maps with me’ for road use. For proper maps I use viewranger. You have to pay for OS maps but they aren’t that expensive. You can also get good maps for a lot of countries such as IGN for France.

jonno101
    Free Member

MotionX-GPS for me, not sure how good it is to plan on?
    I use ridewithGPS website and email GPX to phone. Am playing with ridewithGPS app but no offline maps at present (but in pipeline apparently?)

stonster
    Free Member

osmand – but only works on road. Not sure about Europe but great in UK

skids
    Free Member

The best one i had was noka here maps when i had a windows phone but you can’t get it on android or ios i dont believe

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘offline mapping apps’ is closed to new replies.