Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 'Official' Microsoft help
  • defaultslipper
    Free Member

Just had a very nice long call with someone . They were very helpful in that my computer has been flagging up errors and they wanted to show me how to deal with these errors. It’s good to know that there are some really helpful people in this world that are willing to show me this stuff!

I initially struggled with finding the big green box with start on it. For someone who knew a lot about my computer errors he couldn’t tell me what to do if I couldn’t find the start button. After a bit of searching we found it and we went through some double clicking on admin rights. I then had to go to ‘ameyy.com’ and download some data. Once again I really struggled with spelling so we repeated that step a few times until I got their admin 3.03 software downloaded and installed. Just click run and read out the ID number- no doubt this would have been something to help him show me the errors as a result of emails.

After 15minutes we started having an excellent conversation about him being a complete twonk. It’s a shame as one of my computers is currently broken. According to him the local computer technicians would break my computers but he could save me. I said I look after my own computers and the only reason i was still talking to him was to stop him potentially succeeding with someone else. He started to get angry and told me to take my computer to a museum, it send it flowers when it crashes. I asked him why I should give flowers to a computer, it doesn’t have feelings.

I think we parted as friends. Next time I hope to be a little more adventurous:
    [video]http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=YvJQxgtJW94[/video]

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

I’m hoping you didn’t actually go to that site, and that you’ll edit the link out?

defaultslipper
    Free Member

Edited the link out, had only put it in to show the name-didn’t mean to have it as a link!
    And no, wasn’t anywhere near my computer. Unfortunately there are people who would have followed their instructions and handed over control of their computers

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

Good man – wasn’t entirely sure from your post how far you’d gone!

defaultslipper
    Free Member

For clarification, I didn’t follow any instructions, I just wanted to find out what they wanted me to do, if it stops one person doing what they want then it has worked.

Philby

I told one such helpful computer technician to “F Off” and put the phone down, only for him to ring again and tell me to do likewise – these scammers are obviously sensitive souls.

daveagiles
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with ww.Ammyy.com its a perfectly legit company. Unfortunately it is used by people who are not…

EDIT: or is it? Is it just an elaborate hoax?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘'Official' Microsoft help’ is closed to new replies.