Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 110 total)
  • Officers down :o(
  • hora
    Free Member

Two officers down, one dead so far in the line of duty chasing a wanted criminal here in Manchester.

Farmer_John
    Free Member

meanwhile, it turns out the event that started the riots last summer did in fact start with a scrote in possession of a gun and the police stopping the car he was in on the basis of intelligence they had received.

So hundreds of millions in damaged property, several people dead, many more seriously assaulted, and the reputation of the man that some of the “protesters” turns out to be as dodgy as some claimed at the time.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/tottenham-riots-mark-duggan-had-loaded-gun-110244005.html

loddrik
    Free Member

They’re after Dale Cregan aren’t they? Looks like the final act in a pretty bitter dispute.

hora
    Free Member

Yes Dale Cregan. Farmer John, these officers were nothing to do with what happened in London or the actions of others in another Force acting on their particular information.

loddrik
    Free Member

Just checked and they were, two women officers, call me old fashioned but women shouldn’t be on the front line in situations like this.

peterfile
    Free Member

call me old fashioned but women’s should be on the front line in situations like this

Old fashioned.

tails
    Free Member

Just had a quick google, if a guy is known to carry guns and grenades around a city the size of Manchester why are they need sending in men or women with the ability to disable him instantly.

theotherjonv

Very sad that any officer should risk their life or serious injury in the line of duty, unfortunately equality cuts both ways.

almightydutch
    Free Member

Fail online says

It is understood a grenade was used in the incident

Shit me thats gotta be scary

nbt

you’re old fashioned.

Dilker
    Free Member

I was about 1/2 mile away from there doing a clinic at a GP’s in Mottram. I parked my car on Ashworth Lane about 9. I am due to be in Hattersley Clinic this afternoon!! Lets see how that pans out.

I did have a patient come in about 11.30 who lives on the estate saying that there had been a shooting.. hopefully they will dispose of him!

Drac

Sad news.

davidjones15
    Free Member

Just checked and they were, two women officers, call me old fashioned but women shouldn’t be on the front line in situations like this.

Why not?

timidwheeler

Very sad, my thoughts are with their families.

Loddrik you are a knob.

atlaz
    Free Member

I don’t find it any worse that two female officers were killed than if two men had been killed. It’s shit that any police officers die in the line of duty (and anyone else who is killed doing a job). It’s certainly an aspect of their career but horrible nevertheless.

Peyote
    Free Member

Why not?

70 years ago it would’ve been because they are “too emotional, irrational and prpne to hysterical behaviour”.

These days opinions like this are old fashioned.

zokes
    Free Member

call me old fashioned but women’s should be on the front line in situations like this

I’ll call you patronising and chauvinistic too…

Onzadog
    Free Member

I had this conversation once with a sub mariner. He said he could close a hatch to a flooding compartment with his mate the other side if he had to. Not so sure he could do it if there was a woman the other side. Sometimes, the question isn’t about the performance of women in such situations but how it might impact the situation as a whole.

Don’t know if I agree with him or not but it’s a point of view I’d not considered before.

kimbers

Im not sure that being male would’ve protected them from a grenade or infact a bullet

[not that farmer john’s bothered hes just sees it as an opportunity to try(and fail)to prove a completely unrelated point]

nealglover
    Free Member

🙄

Oh dear.

johndoh
    Free Member

Good point Onza, and the male reaction would be one of a million lifetimes of evolution telling him how to react if he saw a female in danger.

Interesting way of looking at it.

franksinatra

call me old fashioned but women shouldn’t be on the front line in situations like this.

Blimey. What a dinasour

I assume that you would be a better person to volunteer for dangerous roles like this?

neninja
    Free Member

I’m guessing that these officers didn’t realise he was in this empty building but were maybe checking any possible hide outs or simply patrolling the area.

That fact he walked in to a police station and gave himself up suggests it wasn’t part of an organised operation to arrest him.

Incredibly sad and I hope he gets life with no chance of freedom.

Peyote
    Free Member

Good point Onza, and the male reaction would be one of a million lifetimes of evolution telling him how to react if he saw a female in danger.

That’s one theroy. Another would be that he has been conditioned by society into believing that women are inferior and need to be protected by the men. These things are never as clear cut as first impressions suggest.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Death sentence would be ideal for complete headers like him!

Drac

This thread was started in respect to 1 officer who has lost her life and another who is seriously injured, can we keep the thread to that please.

soobalias
    Free Member

reported.

fred/mike relating the actions of the police in hillsborough two decades ago to the actions of those in tottenham last year is pathetic trolling.

Junkyard
    Free Member

to try to put a prejudiced slant on the events which led to Mark Duggan’s death is ignorant and narrow-mined.

sums him up nicely

Loddrick – every thread every time…try and embarce the current century

Tragic loss of life whatever the gender

geordiemick00
    Free Member

This thread was started in respect to 1 officer who has lost her life and another who is seriously injured, can we keep the thread to that please.

agreed, but best of luck!!

It appears that the officers weren’t out to look for Cregan, they stumbled accross him and tried to arrest him. He has however, handed himself in.

Now hang the bastard.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

Tragic loss of life whatever the gender

^^^^ +1

No arguements please.

medievalkneival
    Free Member

Second officer also confirmed as died.

Very very sad. My lad’s a bobby up that way, very worrying

Philby

Second officer is reported to have died. Sad day for Manchester.

eruptron
    Free Member

Second officer has been confirmed as dying 🙁 very sad. They were only on a routine call apparently. Thoughts with their families.

pjm84
    Free Member

Very sad day………

binners

That’s truly tragic.

logical
    Free Member

He’s been arrested now though.
    Sad news about the officers though.

racefaceec90

my condolences to their family and friends 🙁

Drac

Thoughts with Family, Friends and colleagues of the officers.

mikeconnor
    Free Member

I apologise if my comments were seen as ‘disrespectful’, because they weren’t intended to be. However, i find it strange that comments that could be seen as disrespectful to the family of a man killed by police are allowed to stand, yet any challenge to that is censored. If a moderator would like to email me regarding this, I would appreciate it.

hora
    Free Member

Second officer is reported to have died.

Doing a job that is most likely often boring, dangerous, thankless (at times) and down right dangerous.

RIP and thank you

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 110 total)

The topic ‘Officers down :o(’ is closed to new replies.