Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Office workers….
  • bearnecessities

Who else will be melting today?!

Kryton57

Im about to spend an hour on the Tube…..

rocketman
    Free Member

Not a chance here. The air con is set to 21 although I might activate the 3D auto function if required

binners

32 degrees in our office the other day. I’m expecting the same today. Considerably hotter than outside. I don’t know how this is possible, but it is.

This caused a near walkout last week, so some blokes came and measured up to fit the air con units, under threat of having no staff left to complain about it being like a ****ing oven in here!!!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I have a fan heater going and a jumper on.
    #NotSummerEverywhere

andybrad

its roasting in here. We had one person pass out the other week!

I sit right under an aircon vent, so normally I have to work while wearing a jumper and coat. But at the moment its bliss. Folks from the floor above keep coming down to cool off.

MrOvershoot

Never mind you seat shiners, today is mill stop day and its about 37 deg in there now and once the plant stops all the air movement stops and the heat radiates out of the equipment so it usually nudges up to the 40 deg mark.(no opening windows either)

Plus we have to wear hairnet, hardshell hat, gloves, safety glasses & an extra foodsafe layer so within 1/2 hour you are mostly just wringing wet with sweat.

So don’t start moaning about sitting on your ring in a warm office :p

Drac

Not a chance here. The air con is set to 21 although I might activate the 3D auto function if required

21! Is it winter?

binners

Mr Overshoot and colleagues earlier

😀

marcus7
    Free Member

Its a bit toasty already here… im next to a reflow oven at 260 deg C working on a hotplate at 150 deg C using a soldering iron at 400+ deg C and I’ll be here all day.. 🙁 … whining office workers need not apply…. 😉

wwaswas

I’m getting a bit warm in my dressing gown so I might put on some shorts and a t-shirt in a bit.

I quite like working at home when it’s like this.

project
    Free Member

Some of us have to work outside, direct sun alday on us then a long drive home, lots of water sweat, killing headaches and sunburn.

and somethings took a chunk out my neck really sting now.

footflaps

Out aircon is bust (again), so yes, we will be sweating shortly……

Milkie
    Free Member

32°C at the moment and the machines below me are about to start, one of which has a 10Kw heater! No doubt it will nearly touch 40°C and the computers will fall over, this is the temperature with the air con on full blast. No windows, no fresh air, just a pure sweatbox. 😉

nbt

oooh good call. I’ve taken off my t-shirt but my groin’s getting a bit sticky in my jeans, Might strip to my pants

ahwiles
    Free Member

i’m a measurement geek, i work in a quiet air conditioned room, held at a dry* 20degrees.

(*any sweat evaporates very quickly, so it feels even cooler than 20)

i know that very bad choices have led me to this career cul-de-sac but the world of metrology is not without it’s advantages – however small.

cloudnine
    Free Member

I dont work in an orifice and ive also taken the rest of the week off..
    I have a board meeting later though… at the beach when i go surfing 😆

nbt

booo, wife informs me we have visitors coming so I have to get dressed

portlyone

Nice, air conditioned office. Though I imagine the room holding my job interview will be roasting 🙁

nbt – Member

booo, wife informs me we have visitors coming so I have to get dressed

Must be warm in a full-body cast?

geoffj

Aircon in the car is still bust and I have a 1hr drive to the airport this afternoon.
    God only knows how I’m going to cope.

Drac

What could be worse is that none of you could access to on here then you’d really have to start working.

atlaz
    Free Member

Our aircon at the office isn’t powerful enough for the whole building so the poor idiots who rented the top floor (that’s us), get cold in winter and hot in summer. Even opening the windows isn’t much help as it’s the same temperature outside, only humid.

ssbnreso
    Free Member

Office workers my arse!

Try working in a factory welding cars together, I’ve got one fan that basically blows hot air and sparks on me!

But in the bright side I gat an all year tan if the welding arc 🙂

bigG
    Free Member

My office today is at home, it’s a little bit cloudy right now so I’ll work inside this morning but this afternoon I’ll mostly be outside on conference calls drinking coffee, wine, beer as the day progresses.

This is in stark contrast to the day I spent yesterday sweltering in an office with no aircon, no opening windows and the sun blazing directly into it.

It all balances out I suppose.

jekkyl

here’s a tip: put your desk fan under your desk, thus it won”t blow your paper everywhere, take your shoes and/or socks off occaisionally and wriggle your toes in front of it. There’s a main artery going through your ankles so in theory it should help to cool down your whole body, it certainly helps to keep me cool plus it helps to blow away any little tommy squeakers towards julie from accounts 😉

nbt

remember – beer then wine, feel fine

wine then beer, feel queer

project
    Free Member

Top tip drape a wet towel or newly washed clothes in front of a fan , the water evaporating will cool you, bowl of water does the same, but dont do what a woman in scotland did balance fan on edge of bath, she electrocuted herself when fan fell in bath.

toby1

In office – functional aircon on – nice temp sat here in my shorts and a t-shirt and this office even has a window I can open next to me, not much but enough. There really is very little to complain about, aside from the work, lack of direction and general IT woes.

Junkyard
    Free Member

with the wet thing though eventually you feel warm and damp rather than just warm as we had massive “air con units” [ no outside vent] that did this.

LeeW

Like ahwiles I work in stds laboratories, 20+/-1degC all day every day apart from when I’m sitting in the car between facilities.

who do you work for ah? Metrology is a very small world, probably know each other or the same people.

konabunny
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator
    What could be worse is that none of you could access to on here then you’d really have to start working.

just you shut your goddamn dirty mouth with that kind of talk.

boabym

who do you work for ah? Metrology is a very small world, probably know each other or the same people.

Me too! More of us than you think.

mattbee

Pussies.
    Try spending 8 hours aid climbing and painting steelwork directly underneath the glass roof of a swimming pool, right on the South Coast. I think I sweat about 20 litres a day at the moment…

lemonysam
    Free Member

Whoever invented Leatherette chairs will have a soecial circle reserved for them in my personal hell. Whilst there they will be repeatedly teabagged by my sweaty undercarriage.

LeeW

Me too! More of us than you think

Aye, and most work for bloody Trescal!

busydog
    Free Member

take your shoes and/or socks off occaisionally and wriggle your toes in front of it

The smell of sweaty feet and the random squeaker combined–now there’s office ambience taken to a new level 😆

langylad
    Free Member

[Whoever invented Leatherette chairs will have a soecial circle reserved for them in my personal hell. Whilst there they will be repeatedly teabagged by my sweaty undercarriage.]

Ohh, that made me giggle.

konabunny
    Free Member

Try spending 8 hours aid climbing and painting steelwork directly underneath the glass roof of a swimming pool, right on the South Coast. I think I sweat about 20 litres a day at the moment…

they closed the pool to renovate in summer?

ahwiles
    Free Member

LeeW – Member

Like ahwiles I work in stds laboratories, 20+/-1degC all day every day apart from when I’m sitting in the car between facilities.

Sheffield University.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Office workers….’ is closed to new replies.