Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Office wars. The Battle of the Thermostat
  • joat

Her(woman): I’m cold, can we turn the heating up?
    Me(man): No, it’s not cold, you are.
    Heating goes up.
    Her: I’m still cold
    Me: QED.

leegee

My colleagues insist on removing the ceiling tiles to make it cooler in our office. I have given up explaining they offer some insulation and that the heat is coming from above.

charliew

If you are in an office with multiple zone controllers you can centrally set the temperature and then lock off the function of all local area control panels.

Ask the tech end of your operation if that is the case.

This. If you have multiple thermostats in one large office make it so they are all set at the same temperature and speed. The temperature in our office is so much more stable and therefore tolerable now they’re locked out. Yes 23C is way warmer than I’d like but at it ok and doesn’t get any warmer. Previously it would be all over the shot.

seosamh77
    Free Member

I’ve managed to come to a compromise, if they get too cold, turn off the air conditioning, if I get too warm, I turn it on. Seems to work reasonably well, particularly now that they’ve been trained into to stopping asking if they can turn it off, just do it already! It’s off and on a few times a day, but it’s a happy medium.

A desktop fan in yer face is still required though to allow them a bit of leeway..

seosamh77
    Free Member

18/19C on the aircon is too cold btw(aircon temps dont really equate to outside imo), 21C is where it should be, problem is the women would like it at 25C.

ransos
    Free Member

Setting aircon to 21 is exceptionally wasteful.

seosamh77
    Free Member

ransos – Member
    Setting aircon to 21 is exceptionally wasteful.

only if you’re too warm. if you are comfotable, nup it’s fine. I have mt house set to 20.5C which is perfect, if it starts to read 19C it’s noticeably heading towards cold.

DrJ

Not to mention the numpties who go into a meeting room that’s “too cold” and adjust the thermostat to sun-surface levels in the belief that it will make the room heat up quicker. Umm. No. It will heat up at the same speed, and it just means that later on people using the room will encounter a fiery furnace. (Which will probably prompt them to set the thermostat to absolute zero, and thus the circle of stupidity is complete.)

franksinatra

My wife is incredibly intelligent. She has three degrees, speaks three languages and is a well regarded doctor.

She still does not understand how to use a thermastat.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Office wars. The Battle of the Thermostat’ is closed to new replies.