Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Office Snacks
  • soobalias
    Free Member

I have the privelidge of working in a mixed office of just over a dozen people.
    there is a communal buscuit tin arrangement which is stocked with biscuits, cakes, donuts, sweeties etc. Birthday and Holiday offerings are added to the pile and several tins of choccies arrive over christmas. (i personally dont get involved, if im eating crap, i buy my own, that way i know/control my own intake and avoid the ‘you ate more than me’ type discussions)

Some of my colleagues really should not be snacking, at all.

This morning two people have brought in weekly offerings, bananas, apples, plums and bags of mixed nuts/raisins.

Is this a step in the right direction, or are they fooling themselves?

Stoner
    Free Member

This morning two people have brought in weekly offerings, bananas, apples, plums and bags of mixed nuts/raisins.

They wont make it past elevenses as the fat people will lynch them.

theteaboy
    Free Member

Last summer I brought peaches and strawberries into work.

I think I ate all of them – everyone else stuck to Double Deckers and tubs of M&S mini rolls.

I was told that I made them feel unhealthy…

portlyone

I tend not to eat biscuits/choc during the week. When I do it’s because it tastes better than fruit (to me obv).

joao3v16
    Free Member

All the ladies in my office seem to be on an eternal diet, yet they always go for the birthday cakes/biscuits 😕

I’m the strange one who eats the fruit whilst everyone else is emptying the quality street tin.

derek_starship
    Free Member

There is a tradition of “cake Friday” in one of the departments at our place.

Although a few years ago, I must admit I was involved in a Higgety pie Friday thing. And somethimes grilled cheese on crumpets. That’s all over now. I just do a line in the bogs and I’m reet.

Ive just ordered my first graze box. I am ascending the stairs adjacent the social eschelons quite clearly 😉

soobalias
    Free Member

the large lady sitting opposite me eats three or four pieces of fruit each day.
    and every yoghurt is ‘low fat’

then she punishes herself by watching every tv program with %fat% in the title

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I have a slice of Black Forest Gateau every 45 minutes at work, I go through about 9 gateaus a week. I never eat the cherries though.

trail_rat
    Free Member

over heard a woman in my office – whilst brandishing a tube of high 5 zero tabs with no word of a lie or hint of “taking the piss” on her face declared to a collegue that these when in water meant she was burning 41% more fat – she then corrected her self with “upto 41% more fat” ………….

i resisted the urge to explode with laughter nor correct her.

soobalias
    Free Member

googles “high 5 zero tab”

*plans import, marketing and sales tactics*

EDIT: fantastic, i need some of them for my desk bottle of water, not sure if i will convert the premixed cappalattechino drinkers tho.

scaled
    Free Member

Free fruit here in the office, I’m yet to find a way of eating apples quietly though.

My main complaints are that the bananas seem to go so much faster than everything else and people will eat the plums before they’re ripe.

I’ll just refer myself to the first world problems thread.

molgrips
    Free Member

gateaus

It’s gateaux ffs!

binners

My body has been watching too many old action films and has started replicating them. Not long ago it watched this

In the same way that Keanu has to keep the buses speed over 50, My metabolism now demands that if my body isn’t fed packets of Hula Hoops on the hour every year, I’ll explode, showering my work colleagues with bits of my internal organs

rocketman
    Free Member

We have a ‘cake Friday’ and most people bring cakes/biscuits/chocolates when it’s their birthday.

Good luck to ’em 🙂

TooTall
    Free Member

soob – you are one of the thinnest men on the planet. You need cakes and lard to get up to underweight!

soobalias
    Free Member

i know that.

im in bristol tomorrow if you wanna buy me a cake!

29erKeith
    Free Member

A woman I work with drinks these (with a tea spoon in a china cup, chink chink all day BLOODY DAY AARRGGGGHHH! 👿 )

She believes they make fat and calories just pass through her body so always indulges in the birthday cakes etc

Lifer
    Free Member

My favourite are the gym jockeys who go ‘training’ every lunch time.

“What are you training for?”

“…”

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

Training their bodies, to be fitter/more muscular.

Next!

soobalias
    Free Member

balancing their sedentry-job driven life?
    earning that mid afternoon junk food snack?
    just want to get away from you for an hour?

donsimon
    Free Member

They wont make it past elevenses as the fat people will lynch eat them.

john_drummer
    Free Member

I tend not to eat biscuits during the week. at all.

and I’m still a fat b*****d.

not quite as fat, granted ( lost over 2 stone in 9 months), but still overweight. GP telling you that your pancreas is slightly f***ed is a bit of a wake-up call

binners

“What are you training for?”

I’ve been paying an array of not very bright, body obsessed, gym bunnies to train on my behalf for Hit the North next week. They will be transferring my new-found fitness to me by osmosis on Friday evening

So you lot better look out!

GregMay
    Free Member

By next week you mean Saturday yeah 🙂

binners

Erm… yeah…. I think

damitamit
    Free Member

my colleague just offered me a jam donut. accepted!

GregMay
    Free Member

The problem with office snacks…well when your office is your house it becomes harder not to eat everything. BUT you can nip out for a quick spin rather easily.

MrsToast
    Free Member

A colleague brought in homemade muffins. They didn’t have the nutritional values on, so they’re clearly low in calories and fat and high in fibre. And covered in delicious icing. Omnomnom!

binners

A client bought us in a great big box labeled “Yorkshire Cupcakes”. I can’t stand cake of any description, so couldn’t have been less interested. The ladies in the office were though, but when they opened it there were sighs of disappointment all around

Not from me though. Imagine my utter unconstrained joy to discover that a Yorkshire cupcake looks like this:

I must have put half a stone on that day 😳

trail_rat
    Free Member

8 bananas – 52p and a bag of apples 1 pound.

thats my weeks snacks sorted for the price of 2 choclate bars from the vending machine !

binners

WOOHOOOOOOOOOO!! ROCK N ROLL!!!! 😉

soobalias
    Free Member

where do you get your bananas then trail rat, cost more than twice that from the local market and when i get bananas-r-4-U.com to deliver the organic sustainable ones, they cost well over a tenner each.

binners

trail_rat. Do you want me to send you a bag of….

What flavour do you fancy? Multipacks were on offer, so I stocked up. Not as cheap as your black market nana’s though

trail_rat
    Free Member

thats asda price …. chiquitas

the mrs buys fairtrade organic for the house and yes they do taste better ….. but not a quid better for many less and they come in a poly bag – they are bananas FFS they do not need a poly bag to stop them rolling away ! – that and if i eat the organic ones all the time ill come to expect it ….

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Office Snacks’ is closed to new replies.