Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Office Phone systems – Simple phone with headsets?
  • Lazgoat
    Free Member

We’ve used traditional telephones in the office for years but would like to move to headsets for better user ergonomics. Can anyone recommend or suggest a good value phone that can plug into a normal BT Line, rather than IP and PC based systems? Its only for 3 people so nothing major required.

Is there such thing as a telephone “hub” that bluetooth wireless headsets can pair to it?

Cheers!

somouk
    Free Member

If you speak to a Telco they will be able to advise on a suitable system but most phones support headsets as they normally sit either in a dedicated socket or just in line on the handset connector. A lot of the bluetooth headsets come with a dock that you connect to power and the phone to manage the connection to the headset.

CountZero

Plantronics have been the main people for this, they supplied the headsets used in mission control during the Apollo moon missions.
    Not sure, but I think the girls at work use Plantronics, the staff in our in-house call centre use wireless sets, but I don’t know what they are. Can’t find out, on holiday until next week.

andyfla
    Free Member

most phones cant do headphones – although if you go into staples, they ususally have some that do – last one was around £30 to buy – worked really well with a plantronics wireless headset

Lazgoat
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice so far. Looking into it, we might be able to use DECT Headsets with our existing DECT base station. Will order one and test!

bigyinn
    Free Member

You normally need an office phone with an RJ9 or a plug jack output which cna switch between headset and handset.
    Plantronics stuff is usually pretty good stuff in my experience. CN Netcom stuff is also pretty good.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Office Phone systems – Simple phone with headsets?’ is closed to new replies.