Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Office hilarity
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

Just discovered that you can rotate the screen output on a windows pc (well mine, anyway) by pressing ctrl-alt-[left, right or down arrow button]

Just got my first victim!

Now go and wreak havoc on your colleagues!

bobbyspangles

hahahah

druidh
    Free Member

*plans a giggle for tomorrow*

Craggyjim
    Free Member

That's good. I didn't know that one.

What about swapping the M and N keys, or taking a screen grab and using it as the desktop wallpaper after hiding the taskbar.

lyons
    Free Member

brilliant!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

lol

:love:

lister-hooded
    Free Member

NO !!!!!!!!!!!

At least once a week I get some one coming into my office with a pathetic request to "sort out my PC please , the screen is upside down" thanks to this short cut key combo…. as yet there are only a handful of folks who know ( and use it ) but strangely NONE of them seem to know how to set the screen right again ….. I'm not even meant to be frontline PC support but it's a right pain in A**E sorting it….

ski
    Free Member

My two year old managed to do that to my laptop last night!

Trying to use the mouse with the screen shifted was mad 😉

Took me ages to fix it!

nedrapier

Here's one I've never quite had the balls to do:

If someone leaves their computer unlocked, open Word, Tools(?) > Autocorrect, set up a new rule: replace "the" with "the f***ing".

He might notice some, but if any sneak though, they'll still make perfect sense.

Helios
    Free Member

it's a right pain in A**E sorting it…

It's not that hard to fix… Just hit ctrl+alt+up arrow…

poppa
    Free Member

Change all action sounds to the orgasm from When Harry Met Sally? Don't know where I heard that.

Ambrose

So why can't I get my PC to do the upsidedown thingy? CTRL + ALT + DOWN ARROW has no effect here in snowy Garnant 🙁

cynic-al
    Free Member

Only works outside Garnant 😐

Seriously it has worked on 2 of 3 pcs in my office so far, no idea what determines this.

njee20
    Free Member

I'm a big fan of just swapping keyboard/mouse over between two computers, often takes people a while!

simon_g

It's normally just Intel graphics chipsets that have that shortcut in the driver. And any IT department with any sense disabled it years ago.

MrNutt
    Free Member

or you could swap the left and right mouse buttons in mouse preferences

vdubber67
    Free Member

What about swapping the M and N keys

I did that to a colleague once. Came back to my desk to find he'd changed my keys around so the top line started with C-U-*-T.

*replaces the letter N obviously. Don't want to offend 😉

lister-hooded
    Free Member

Helios… i know how to fix it , andlike you say it easy

BUT

When the muppet expects you to drop everything and go to their workstation to do it it gets more than a bit tedious …

So much so I have even thought of getting little business card size instructions on how to fix it to hand out … but that might just encourage more pratting around… 🙁

avdave2

Right click desktop, arrange icons by, uncheck show desktop icons.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Stick a small post-it on the underside of the mouse so it covers the sensor.

Mouse doesn't work!

Simple but very effective. 8)

djglover
    Free Member

Cynic-al earlier:

Houns

Lol!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Not as witty nor good looking…

aracer
    Free Member
    grynch
    Free Member

years ago I turned all the colours on a colleagues terminal to black, foreground to black, background to black.
    Mate came in thought the terminal was off, so he turned it on (which obviously turned it off ) that didn't work so he turned it back on and so on.. and so on…

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Office hilarity’ is closed to new replies.