Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Office etiquette – deodorant
  • dawson

One of my female office colleagues seems to regularly spray her pits whilst sat at her desk..

Surely it would be better manners for her to go to the bathroom?

mattyfez

Bad form.

I’d just say jokingly, do you mind? My eyes are melting.

ulysse
    Free Member

Stick a can of Sure down your trolleys and give your balls a blast every time she does her pits, i’m sure she’ll get the message…

Cougar

I’m assuming it’s under her shirt rather than open-air so not seeing the problem?

“Regularly”? Would you rather be here complaining that your co-worker stank of BO?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

*First world problems*

Poor you, it must be so, so tough, being you….

wwaswas

If she genuinely thought she had a problem with BO she’d go elsewhere and do it.

Maybe it’s a message to the OP that it’s time to have a pit spray?

stevextc
    Free Member

I’m assuming it’s under her shirt rather than open-air so not seeing the problem?

There was a study done on passive e-cigs .. aimed at proving they were harmful… they only thing they found was aluminium oxides which they then went on to say were very toxic etc.

Later they got questioned as there was no theoretical way the particulate oxides could come from he e-cigs…

It turns out these “very harmful particulates” were actually someone who used spray deodorant BEFORE the trial….

You can make of that what you will… when they thought it was from e-cigs these were potentially harmful…. and that wasn’t even spraying in the same room.

“Regularly”? Would you rather be here complaining that your co-worker stank of BO?

There are deodorant sticks and there are 24 hour sprays ….and washing …

Much as I know some people do have a genuine medical condition I do agree with wwaswas …

Putting on deodorant is a bit off .. OK, its not like taking a dump but its not really “normal office behaviour” … I’ve occasionally had to “adjust myself” as it were … it’s the sort of thing you don’t really do in the middle of an office but might on a building site… like scratching your ar5e.

It is of course just convention…. the Romans all used to love taking a communal crap… but I think a bit of convention is OK…. keeps us civilised… I’ll often use a tree on the trails but I wouldn’t piss on the pot plants…

DezB
    Free Member

it would be better manners for her to go to the bathroom?

You have bathrooms at work? That’s posh. Best we have are some shonky showers.

(And yeah, she’s bloody weird. Deo spray is horrible stinky stuff.)

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Is she trying to subtly inform someone in the office of their BO issue?

wwaswas

Best we have are some shonky showers.

But on the plus side your shonky has never been so clean.

DezB
    Free Member

Pristine! 😆

wordnumb
    Free Member

Can of air freshener in your drawer, liberal usage following her deodorising, I’m aware that it probably smells no better.

Flaperon

Is she trying to subtly inform someone in the office of their BO issue?

^^ this

scud
    Free Member

We have a couple of young girls in our office that do this, re-apply make up through the day to 8 layers thick and before lunch they spray perfume so that it fills our part of the office, they also seem to be stealing black markers looking their eyebrows.

Stood in queue at cafe for bacon roll at 8.30, the same two young ladies:

“i’ll have a tea and a bacon roll please”
    Second – “how can you do that, i can’t put anything in my mouth before ten”!

DezB
    Free Member

We have a couple of young girls in our office that do this

One “advantage” of an IT job. Young, painted ladies are very much a rarity.

PJM1974
    Free Member

There used to be a couple of regulars on my morning train who would apply nail varnish and stink out the entire carriage. Another used to paint her face and then dry it with a portable fan.

The former was 100x more annoying than the latter, though.

wwaswas

i can’t put anything in my mouth before ten”!

“I bet you say that to all the boys”

TheBrick
    Free Member

Another used to paint her face and then dry it with a portable fan.

What? Like a Tigger or something?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Office etiquette – deodorant’ is closed to new replies.