Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Office 365 vs 2013
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

Unfortunately I actually need the MS versions 🙁 – strongly worded e-mail to the developers in the states coming again.

Anyway I have limped along with a copy of 2010 but need to get something on the rebuilt laptop.
    I know where I stand with 2013 (I hope) with installable products etc. all the licensing is tied to a single PC which my get annoying as if anything dies I loose the license (not sure how legal that actually is but it will be a significant pain)
    With 365 do you actually get the installed products? I tried the trial earlier in the year and could only get the web apps running which were nothing startling and didn’t interface properly with anything I needed. The other thing that is putting me off is that the business version is much bigger user wise than I need, I could do with 2 PC’s but 1 would be fine so it’s fairly over blown.

Failing that I’m back to scouring round for Office 2010 Home & Business…

surfer
    Free Member

I think you get the installed apps. You can get a trial copy for a month. You can also install it on a number of devices using a single license.
    I tried it at home for a month and started off not liking it. Warmed to it a bit but havent kept it. Its the future I suspect. Greater license and version control for developers, all tied in to cloud storage and the idea that people wont pay £300 for a suite of software but a few quid a month is acceptable!

xiphon
    Free Member

365 = 100% installed on your local PC. You get Office Pro as ‘standard’

2013 Retail = 100% installed on your local PC.

The difference between the two is your Live email address (i.e. MS account) ‘activates’ the 365 software.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Cheers, tried the one month thing when it came out but couldn’t get the offline stuff to work, it was also a complete pain to get the sub to work as it was through the local phone company here in Oz which makes it 3x more difficult than it needs to be. I never got the offline stuff to work so I’m a bit dubious of starting off with the pain again.

I reckon I can get round the single use license by doing a system image (as I did a rebuild this morning) I’m still going to head down into town tomorrow and see if there is any copies of the license card about….

mikewsmith
    Free Member

cheers xiphon, missed that one will give it a go in the morning…

another one to add to the loss column

mikewsmith
    Free Member

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

was ready to pay the money, think I have paid the money then the mixing of ms and telstra conspires to stop you doing anything……

Time to call salt lake and insist that it works with open office/google

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Office 365 vs 2013’ is closed to new replies.