Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Offering on a repossession….. how/what to offer??
  • renton
    Free Member

Hi all I am after your advice.

We have seen a property we like in one of the nicer areas in the town we want to settle in.

The problem is that the house is clearly a repossession (Hence why I was asking about repossessions the other day)

It also has a lot of the previous occupants possessions and also a car on the drive to.

The house itself is a 2 bed that has been extended into a 4 bed in what looks to be good condition. Although it needs a bathroom and a few carpets and a full redecorate.

This one…..

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-32077740.html

It’s up for £169950 and has been up for 3 weeks and the EA has told us they have had no interest in it?

How would you go about offering on it?

Cheers

Renton

dyls

Are you in a position to exchange quickly? Usually has to be done and dusted in 1 month. If you are a cash buyer better still.

offer less than the asking, think I offered -15% on mine and had to go up a little. That looks to be in a much better condition than the one i bought.

Factor in what needs to be done to give you a rough idea of the final outlay, allow contingency for unforseen things as well, im sure there are things that will cone up.

Do you get the car as well ??

renton
    Free Member

yep car comes with it although I take it there will be no keys or log book etc?? what would I do with it?

nickjb
    Free Member

Car might be on HP so owned by the loan company. If not, ebay it and someone will come and take it away. Get a new log book in your name first. As for the house just make them an offer and explain the advantages of your position. Work out what it would be worth in good nick, how much it will cost to do up and how cheeky you are feeling but definitely start low.

jota180
    Free Member

That will be dark and miserable in the Winter unless you can get rid of those trees, they’ll totally block the sun from early afternoon

trail_rat
    Free Member

What makes that better than the house your selling . Im not seeing it .

renton
    Free Member

Garage. Off road parking. Bigger garden. Conservatory. 4 bed. 2 reception rooms. Better part of town.

renton
    Free Member

Oh and if by any miracle we did get it the trees will be cut right back.

trail_rat
    Free Member

The trees are not yours to cut down. On public land. Yes you can take them down to the property line but after that you cant touch them , its the height of them thats blocking your light.

It looks better on streetview than the EA photos , EA photos are probably why its not had much interest , looks like they came with an iphone and just snapped away.

If it fits your needs , factor in how much work needs doing , also where are the family that its been repo’d from …..not in jail and ready to rob your belongings when they get out 😉

renton
    Free Member

Ah I thought he meant the giant conifers in the front garden

What sort of price would you start at?

brooess
    Free Member

If the previous owners simply ran out of money (which it looks like) then expect all kinds of repairs needing to be done on the house – chances are they’ve been skimping on maintenance for a few years if they were that skint. Can you not get a survey first to check there’s nothing major?

bearnecessities

No interest? £140k (I am not an expert house buyer 😀 )

renton
    Free Member

Would a survey come after we have placed an offer like on a normal house purchase?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Can do what you like , bank will laugh at an offer with subject to survey on your offer , if your serious get the survey done first , make your offer and get the transaction complete asap before you get gazumped.

mrchrispy

1st rule of house buying…
    if you dont feel embarrassed by your first offer then its too high.

Tom-B
    Free Member

The person that owned our hour before us bought it as a repo, he paid 25% less than asking price.

Tom-B
    Free Member

The person that owned our hour before us bought it as a repo, he paid 25% less than asking price.

renton
    Free Member

Cheers for the replies.

If I buy it as it is, does that mean i also have bought the contents that have been left in the house/garage too?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Offering on a repossession….. how/what to offer??’ is closed to new replies.