Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Offended citizenry in a car.
  • aracer
    Free Member

I’m just trying to find out what other traffic offences it’s OK to commit.

Does exactly the same offence as TJ is committing count as an other offence if people do it in a car? Because my anecdotal evidence from witnessing it every day is that the majority of drivers are happy to commit that #givingdriversabadname

tjagain

Parking is the most common one I would say. On a two mile journey up to town one day I counted 14 illegally parked vehicles. Closely followed by speeding. NOt clearing windows and lights in snow / steamed up windows is another.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

It was the ranting apoplexy at something that had no deleterious effect on anything, that got me.

cynic-al
    Free Member

TJ is that Forrest Rd?

I don’t find it as bad as you but I see your point.

chiefgrooveguru

Some months back I was beeped and shouted at for going through a red light – by a van driver who wasn’t observant enough to notice I’d actually gone through on the green bicycle light that precedes the standard green light for improved safety at that junction…

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

When driving and get stopped at lights I just turn the engine off and push it through, start up again on the other side. Easy.

I’ve actually done this. On my way home I pass Twickenham rugby stadium and if they’re kicking out they virtually shut a chunk of road between two sets of lights either side of a roundabout for 10 minutes at a time
    I’m on the motorbike, I’ve filtered to the front of the waiting traffic then sat there for a while before realising I’m going nowhere.
    So I killed the engine, got off and pushed the bike through the crowd, then jumped on, thumbed the starter and rode off on the totally empty road. Bliss. 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

When driving and get stopped at lights I just turn the engine off and push it through, start up again on the other side. Easy.

I hope you also get out and push when you pass every side road at the “drivers dismount” signs.

globalti
    Free Member

I saw a cyclist jumping a red light on the Bury – Manchester road. When I caught him up at the next light I shouted out of the window at him: “I’M A CYCLIST AND PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE AN EMBARRASSMENT TO THE REST OF US!”

So there.

aracer
    Free Member

I expect he is embarrassed at being associated with people who shout out of car windows.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Offended citizenry in a car.’ is closed to new replies.