Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Off work with a cold… time to service those old Hope Minis!
  • globalti
    Free Member

….and did they need a service! Front brake has been sticking on so I completely stripped the caliper and cleaned and polished everything before reassembling with a service kit kindly donated by a gentleman of this parish (sorry – lost your name!) then I tackled the rear brake – yuk! One piston completely seized in and took a lot of pressure from the track pump to blow it out. Caliper in generally ropey condition so cleaned and polished everything and reassembled with the same seals – hope it doesn’t leak!

I don’t think I’ll bother servicing the levers yet – apart from dirt and general oxidation caused by trail filth the actual internals and seals of the calipers were in good shape, so I’m hoping the levers will be OK internally.

Nice and sunny out in the utility room, which is better than the freezing cold garage. I need the light and when I drop small bits on the floor it’s easy to find them.

Back to work tomorrow.

BigJohn

I’ve got some of the first batch of Hope Minis. I’ve done that same service as you a few times. Very satisfying, but 1 set of seals I got a few years back were a bit dodgy and the fluid caused them to swell after a few months. Fortunately I’d kept the old ones so swapped back and no problems since.

Only done the levers once and I only did that because I ripped the plunger out of the socket on a ride. Don’t bother unless they obviously need it.

CountZero

Off work with a cold…
    Wuss.
    I’ve had today off, but that was due to the very real probability of the loo being required before I’d got 100 metres from home… 😳

kcal

Still got the Hope Minis I got as one of first upgrades for the M2.. and original rotor (!)

globalti
    Free Member

Here:

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

SNOT 5.1 fluid?

globalti
    Free Member

Yes. Not mineral oil or cooking oil.

globalti
    Free Member

This should be a bigger pic:

BigJohn

Should have the pretty wavey rotor.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Off work with a cold… time to service those old Hope Minis!’ is closed to new replies.